Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/4/2015 3:40:32 PM(EST)
MEK

United States

Is anyone who uses a Mac having issues with their saved label templates after uploading Yosemite ?
I'm using the alignment wizard, but it's tedious and I cannot seem to adjust 996 at all! Argh!
#2 Posted : 1/4/2015 9:06:56 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Our team isn't yet aware of any issues caused by the Yosemite update on Mac. Could you provide some specific information on what is not working correctly and we can have our team look into the issue?

Maestro Label Designer runs in Adobe Flash so the operating system shouldn't have any impact on how the software itself works. The issue you are experiencing may be related to your PDF viewer that you printing your file from.

Can you confirm that you are using Adobe Reader and have your Page Scaling set to None or Fit to Page disabled when printing the PDF file?

Let me know and I can work on troubleshooting here on the forum or I can have one of our reps contact you.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 1/6/2015 5:56:54 AM(EST)
MEK

United States

Thank you for looking into this, prior to the upgrade, I could print easily (printer icon appeared at the bottom of the page image) without having to save the page as a PDF.
After the upgrade I either had to save and print from a PDF, or I could FO up to 'File' , select 'Print' and go from there.
Doing so, however, not a single saved (in Maestro) label template printed properly, and I've had to go in and use the 'Wizard' to correct.
My biggest issue so far has been #996. The bottom est 1/4" of the template won't print at all, wasting 2 labels for every sheet printed.
I'm highly frustrated - with a rather large event to prepare for. I had no idea the Apple upgrade would create so much havoc.
#4 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:24:56 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Can you confirm what browser you are using (Safari, Firefox, Chrome)? My initial thoughts are that you are not using Adobe Reader as the default PDF viewer in your browser. It is critical that you use Adobe Reader and set the Page Scaling settings to None.

As I mentioned, let me your know your browser (and browser version) and I can send you instructions on how to make Adobe Reader your default PDF viewer. Once we can establish that you are printing from Adobe Reader rather than Mac Preview, I can better trouble shoot the issue.

I did some searching around for Yosemite issues and print scaling. I found this post on the Apple forum, but I don't think this is necessarily similar to the issue that you are experiencing.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6731070

Thanks. Let me know your browser.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#5 Posted : 1/11/2015 10:28:22 AM(EST)
MEK

United States

Hi Dave, thanks again for your help.
I'm using the updated version of Safari, with the newer version of Yosemite.
Turns out it was a combination of problems.
First - I never had to go to adobe to print my labels with my previous OS, for starters.
After Yosemite - different icons appeared on my label print page, and I just now
figured them out.
Then it turns out I had a virus which impacted Safari and for days I couldn't even get in
(hence my late reply)
Then I thought things were fine only to have issues yes again.
Now I've updated my printer driver as I suspect Yosemite was interfering there, too.
Right now, I have printed a good sheet from a fresh label template!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will go smoothly.
best
MK
#6 Posted : 1/11/2015 1:01:20 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to the issues that you were experiencing. If you run into any more issues let us know and we will be happy to help trouble shoot.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 3/27/2015 5:12:43 PM(EST)
Park Bench Naturals

I am continuing to have alignment issues on my labels ever since I upgraded to OS X Yosemite I'm using version 10.10.2 on a MacBook Air Mid 2011. My printer drivers are all up to date, my Adobe Reader 11.0.10 is up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer. I can print the labels using my windows 7 and my windows 8 computers but I don't like to use them. I want to use my Mac! I use a Safari 8.0.4 Browser. Before Yosemite I NEVER had an alignment issue. Now everything prints high on the labels.

Stay Natural My Friends!
#8 Posted : 3/27/2015 6:12:57 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Park Bench Naturals Go to Quoted Post
I am continuing to have alignment issues on my labels ever since I upgraded to OS X Yosemite I'm using version 10.10.2 on a MacBook Air Mid 2011. My printer drivers are all up to date, my Adobe Reader 11.0.10 is up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer. I can print the labels using my windows 7 and my windows 8 computers but I don't like to use them. I want to use my Mac! I use a Safari 8.0.4 Browser. Before Yosemite I NEVER had an alignment issue. Now everything prints high on the labels.

Can you provide some additional details? What label configuration/item are you using? Is it off in the same way on every label on the sheet? How much is it off?

I know you have the most up to date Adobe Reader, but can you confirm that you are opening/printing the file in Adobe Reader rather than the built-in PDF viewer in your browser?

Let me know and we should be able to trouble shoot / correct the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#9 Posted : 4/2/2015 6:06:53 PM(EST)
Park Bench Naturals

Can you provide some additional details? What label configuration/item are you using? Is it off in the same way on every label on the sheet? How much is it off?

I know you have the most up to date Adobe Reader, but can you confirm that you are opening/printing the file in Adobe Reader rather than the built-in PDF viewer in your browser?

Let me know and we should be able to trouble shoot / correct the issue.

Okay, so Yes, it is definitely Adobe opening the PDF, Yes, it is off in the same way on every label on the sheet, Yes, it is off on every label from ovals to circles to rectangles.... I currently have 10 of your label packages .... The problem has only begun since I "upgraded" my mac to the Yosemite OS. No problems what so ever before that.

Thank YOU!
Jeanne

Stay Natural My Friends!
#10 Posted : 4/3/2015 9:35:36 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Can you measure how much it is off (and the direction it is off)?

My gut is that it may be some type of issue with your printer driver and the new Mac OS. If it always off in the same way, we can make adjustments in Maestro Label Designer using the Page Setup feature in the software.

This Page Setup change would have to be made on each design, but if it is a printer driver issue then there may not be another way to fix it (unless there is some type of driver update available for your printer).

Let me know. Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com