Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/20/2015 10:04:22 PM(EST)
jane.bleecker@gmail.com

United States

Hi! I'm just starting out with making my own labels. I need to print labels for bath and body products- some waterproof and some not. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on which type of printer works best? I'm thinking about buying one and don't know whether to get laser or inkjet. In terms of printing labels, which is better?
Thanks!
-Jane
#2 Posted : 1/21/2015 8:38:14 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you for your inquiry. Both types of printers should suit your purpose well, and we do have weatherproof materials available for each.

Our weatherproof materials for inkjet printing are:

Weatherproof White Matte
Weatherproof White Gloss

Our weatherproof materials for laser printing are:

Weatherproof White Polyester
Weatherproof Silver Polyester
Clear Gloss Laser

Generally speaking, laser printers provide a more durable printed area, especially in contact with moisture. If you are interested in printing silver or clear labels in addition to white labels, and don't mind the higher initial investment usually associated with purchasing a laser printer, then laser may be the best choice for you.

If you are primarily interested in printing white weatherproof labels, then an inkjet printer would definitely be a suitable choice as well. If durability is a concern you could always look into applying a clear overcoat spray after printing. You can view a tutorial on applying a clear overcoat spray to your labels by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/howto/how-to-give-your-labels-an-extra-layer-of-protection-label-overcoat-spray.htm

If you would like to sample any of these materials before making a purchase we would be happy to send you complimentary samples. To request your samples, please visit the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope you find this information helpful. If you should require any additional details please just let me know. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can!