Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/26/2015 1:09:30 PM(EST)
tollystreatments

United States

I've been trying to figure out a way to use the brown kraft label efficiently for lip balms. The printing just rubs off right away, maybe because of the texture of the paper?...I've tried changing the printer toner (laser) and the paper settings. I've resorted to putting a clear gloss label over the brown kraft label to protect it, but it seems like a waste of time and money. Is there anything else I could try in order to keep just the brown kraft label on a high-use product like lip balms? Would Preserve It work on brown kraft and be more cost effective?

Thanks!
TT
#2 Posted : 1/26/2015 1:28:43 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
tollystreatments -

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. You mentioned adjusting the paper type in your printer settings - have you tried adjusting to one of the thicker material types, such as "Labels" or "Cardstock"? Adjusting to one of these paper types will generally resolve the problem you've described.

If you have tried the heavy paper settings and are still having issues, a clear overcoat spray such as Krylon Preserve-It should definitely improve the durability of the print on your brown kraft labels. You can check out a step-by-step tutorial for applying a clear overcoat spray to your labels by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/howto/how-to-give-your-labels-an-extra-layer-of-protection-label-overcoat-spray.htm

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you need any additional details!