Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/28/2015 6:35:03 PM(EST)
DeniseC

United States

I've never had any issues with templates and Maestro until I purchased the OL200WX labels. The Maestro template seems to be very off on the size for this label. It's not an alignment issue. It appears that the size of the template doesn't match the size of the actual labels. Could someone from onlinelabels.com check this for me? I have a deadline and am worried my project will be late.

Thanks for any help!
#2 Posted : 1/29/2015 9:40:03 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
DeniseC -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced, and I'll be happy to assist you in any way that I can.

I just ran some test sheets of product OL200 through a few of our office printers using Maestro Label Designer. These test sheets confirmed that the dimensions of the template are correct within program, as I was able to print properly aligned sheets on multiple printers.

Based on the description of your problem, it sounds like page scaling could potentially be the culprit. Which internet browser are you using to open Maestro Label Designer? Once I know which one, I'll be happy to provide some troubleshooting tips that should resolve the issue for you.
#3 Posted : 1/29/2015 12:22:55 PM(EST)
DeniseC

United States

Thanks so much for checking in on this for me. I so appreciate it!

I'm using Chrome, have my print setting set to actual size, and I've adjusted the alignment. After lots of tweaks/ attempts through the night, the common symptom is this:

The design appears perfectly aligned on the top label. Then as you go down the sheet, the design creeps up higher and higher until the bottom label is completely off.

Thanks again for your help!

#4 Posted : 1/30/2015 9:27:12 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
DeniseC -

Thanks for the additional information. The issue that you've described sounds like it could potentially be caused by page scaling, which is strange because you mentioned that you've confirmed that scaling is set to actual size.

Is the PDF file opening within Adobe Acrobat Reader, or is it opening within Google Chrome's internal PDF viewer? We've run into some issues with browser-specific PDF viewers in the past. If the PDF file is being opened by Chrome's viewer, please try opening it within Adobe Acrobat Reader instead and printing from there. Before printing the file from from Adobe Acrobat Reader you will need to reset your margins in Maestro Label Designer to the default values.

I hope that you find this information useful. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.