Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/9/2015 8:35:04 PM(EST)
Pegggy

United States

I am trying to place a text box inside a design. The font is Champignon, one I have on my computer. In the design mode, everything looks fine but in the print preview and when the label is printed, the very top of the text gets cut off. When I try to increase the textbox height by "pulling" the corner of the text box arrows, it only increases the width, not the height. If I make the font size smaller (from 22 to 18), it works, however, I really need the text to be the original size.

What can I do?!
Thanks
#2 Posted : 3/10/2015 5:22:59 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pegggy Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to place a text box inside a design. The font is Champignon, one I have on my computer. In the design mode, everything looks fine but in the print preview and when the label is printed, the very top of the text gets cut off. When I try to increase the textbox height by "pulling" the corner of the text box arrows, it only increases the width, not the height. If I make the font size smaller (from 22 to 18), it works, however, I really need the text to be the original size.

What can I do?!
Thanks

Pegggy -

I'm sorry to hear about your issue and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. Some custom fonts include styling that will potentially cut the top or bottom off of text at larger fonts. Unfortunately, the height of the text box is locked and cannot be altered manually.

If you want to avoid reducing the font size there is one potential work around worth trying. After you've clicked on "Add Text" and your text entry screen is open, press the Enter key on your keyboard to leave a blank space. On the second line type your desired text, and then once it's complete, press the Enter key again to create a blank space below your text as well. Now when you click "Continue", your newly created text box will include additional space at the top and bottom, which should allow your text to appear normally without being cut off.

I hope you find this suggestion helpful. If you should need any additional information please just let me know!
#3 Posted : 5/22/2015 6:40:57 AM(EST)
JoeBinFL

United States

Peggy,
Did the solution, proposed by Josh, work out for you?
#4 Posted : 5/23/2015 6:53:14 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoeBinFL Go to Quoted Post
Peggy,
Did the solution, proposed by Josh, work out for you?

JoeBinFL - Are you experiencing a similar issue? Our development team has been making a lot of improvements to the way that fonts are displayed in Maestro Label Designer. Let us know the font that you are experiencing issues with displaying/printing and we can do some testing on our end.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com