Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/19/2015 5:20:30 PM(EST)
BabyHarpSeal

United States

I would love to see the ability to stroke the outside perimeter of a label added to your features. Although you can stroke a line or an object in Maestro, you cannot click on the label shape itself and stroke it. I work in Photoshop a lot and you can stroke objects in three ways, inside, center, and outside. Right now, I am working with OL1027. When you choose background color, Maestro puts a 2.5 inch square of color onto the page, rather than a background color the shape of the scalloped design. This does two things. It does not allow you to have a stroking of the shape that is the same as the shape, and it totally wastes ink by forcing you to print a good amount outside the shape itself. If you added stroking the perimeter of the label shape it would provide a simpler method of outlining a label as a design feature than the method you recommend. It would also allow the user to slightly allow the label to be overlapped with color out in the space in between labels on the sheet. This would save ink and not result in having the frustration of slightly uncentered, and therefore wasted, labels.

In conjunction with the above, I would love to see you incorporate the ability to download the shape (or the vector of the shape) so that it could be imported into another software like Photoshop. Then it would be easy to see that you are working well within the shape when you were designing your label.
#2 Posted : 3/20/2015 9:12:06 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you so much for your suggestion! It sounds like a great idea, and I'll definitely be passing it along to our development team in hopes that we can implement this functionality to Maestro Label Designer in the future.

We do offer a PDF template for our product OL1027 that includes vector graphics of the shape. This template will allow you to design and print your labels using other design programs like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. You can access the download page for the PDF template by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Templates/OL1027-template-pdf.htm

I hope you find this template useful. If you need any additional information please just let me know.

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2015 9:12:47 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified