Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/1/2015 2:36:38 PM(EST)
brandusadesigns

United States

Hi, I've been trying to research better alternatives to labeling plastic water bottle labels using the weatherproof polyester labels on my HP Laser jet - as I noticed another poster had mentioned I have also experienced the cracking toner issue on the label, but my problem is more with the smoothness of the label once applied to the bottle (although it would be nice to solve the cracking toner issue as well). I typically use store bought 16.9 oz bottled water, and cannot seem to find any either in stores or online that do not have the ribbing on the sides, which seems to be the root of my problem. Although, I have also used the waterproof vinyl inkjet in the past and found they were much nicer and smoother when applied to the ribbed water bottles, but the ink doesn't hold up as well as the laser jet labels so I would prefer to stick with these. I am hoping someone might have some suggestions for either a certain type of water bottle or other label I haven't tried before, a fix for these polyester labels to make them smoother and more durable when applied. Thanks in advance! :)
#2 Posted : 4/1/2015 5:24:52 PM(EST)
Matt Hamilton

United States

The water bottle companies like Nestle (Ozarka), PepsiCo (Aquafina) and Coke (Dasani) are constantly changing bottle types, shapes and textures. The only brand that I can remember having a flat surface is Aquafina's 20 oz bottle. Hopefully we can get some other readers to chime in with their suggestions.

If you leave the branded label on the bottle and label over the top of it with your printed labels, you can reduce rippling. The disadvantage to labeling over the original bottle label is that you might see the print show through. If you use a laser printer I would suggest the Blockout material. The blockout material will hide the original product label.

If you laser print is cracking or flaking off then we suggest changing your printer settings from "plain paper" (the default setting) to "labels". If that doesn't work go to a heavier material setting like "cardstock", this will tell the printer to run the material through the printer slower which will help the printer fuse the toner to the sheet. You should be able to change your paper settings the printer "properties" section in the window that opens up before you print.

Hope this helps :)
#3 Posted : 4/1/2015 11:23:06 PM(EST)
brandusadesigns

United States

Thank you for the reply and suggestion Matt! I would love to try thus block out label, but is it waterproof?
#4 Posted : 4/2/2015 1:42:24 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Unfortunately, our Blockout Laser label material isn't weatherproof. It's a paper-based material, so heavy contact with moisture will damage the label over time. I definitely wouldn't recommend placing the Blockout Laser labels into a cooler of ice, but they would likely hold up fairly well to light or incidental contact with moisture.

If you would like to try the Blockout Laser material before placing an order, please visit the link below to enter a complimentary sample request:

http://www.onlinelabels..../SamplesSelectItems.aspx