Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/15/2015 12:22:36 PM(EST)
Geneologist

United States

Hello,

I use data from a genealogy program to generate name-tags for a family reunion. I generally print over 300 name-tags and in recent years I have been using OL550BX (8 labels, blue or white). I am quite happy with these labels with the exception of they sometimes fall off peoples clothing and sometimes curl up.

Can you recommend a better product for this application? Ideally, a label that can withstand being applied and re-applied to various types of clothing material, not easily smeared, withstand moderate heat and humidity?

I see several posts recommending krylon spray to make labels more durable. I am not familiar with that, is it something I should consider?

Thank you.
Jeff
#2 Posted : 4/15/2015 1:30:43 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Jeff -

The Krylon Preserve-It spray is intended to increase durability on the face of the label - basically, to make the print on the labels more durable to abrasion and heavy handling. The spray won't have any affect on the strength of adhesion, but should improve durability to humidity, handling, and even light contact with moisture.

Regarding the need for better sticking properties to fabric, we do offer a material called Aggressive White Matte that has a higher grade adhesive. This material would likely meet your needs, but unfortunately is only available in a white matte finish at this time.

If you would like to try samples of this material before placing a new order, please visit the sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels..../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope you find this information helpful. If you should need any additional details please just let me know.