Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/23/2015 4:50:33 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
A common question that we get from Maestro Label Designer users is whether Maestro Label Designer allows you to select specific labels that you want to print on the sheet. The answer is Yes and here is a tutorial on how to do this in Maestro Label Designer.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/how-to-partially-print-in-maestro-label-designer.htm

If you have specific questions on this feature feel free to post your question here.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#2 Posted : 6/4/2015 9:37:02 PM(EST)
vbreslow

United States

I always print your CD Labels and the default seems to be to print two of the same label. How do I elect to print only one label instead of two of the same label? It appears to always default to a PDF file for printing, which obviously is not editable so it would have to be done prior to print/preview. Thank you.
#3 Posted : 6/5/2015 6:18:38 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Which of our CD / DVD label configurations are you printing (item number)?

Depending on which item number you are using there may be different options for doing this. On the label configurations that have multiple shapes on the sheet there are limited options (e.g. CD label plus spine labels).

Without knowing which item number you are using, I would recommend that you select the option to work in Full Sheet Mode when you initially create a design. If you select this mode you will see the whole sheet on the screen and you will have the flexibility to put your designs anywhere on the sheet. You won't have the option to turn a label on / off, but you do have the ability to delete or move objects anywhere on the sheet. I have included a screen shot of where you select Full Sheet Mode when initially creating a design.

I hope this information helps.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
dcarmany attached the following image(s):
full_sheet_mode_select.PNG (83kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#4 Posted : 6/5/2015 7:59:39 PM(EST)
vbreslow

United States

Dave, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The Online CD Label I was using yesterday was OL562WX, I also haveOO5075WX. Hope that helps you help me. Vicki
#5 Posted : 6/5/2015 8:08:55 PM(EST)
vbreslow

United States

Also, I have four CD Labels that I have saved. If the only way to print one label is to create the label in Full Sheet mode when I select the CD label does that mean I can't use the saved CD templates I already created unless I print two on a page? This doesn't sound right to me at all. On the Avery website, when I create a label, I can just click on the template to deselect or select which label I want to print. Do you not have something similar? Vicki
#6 Posted : 6/6/2015 6:21:18 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

The OL5625 and the OL5075 are both layouts that contain multiple label sizes on them (cd label and spine labels on same layout). Because of that, Maestro Label Designer doesn't currently support the ability to turn on / off certain labels on the sheet. We hope to add this functionality in the near future.

The easiest way to convert your designs to Full Sheet Mode is to open one of your existing designs and do a Select All (Control button + A key on your keyboard). Then Copy everything by hitting (Control button + C key on your keyboard). After that, go up to the New button in the left hand corner and create a new design with the selected template in Full Sheet Mode. When the full page template displays on the screen, you can Paste the design into the template (Control button + V key on your keyboard). Once you do that, it should paste your existing design onto the page and you should be good to go.

If you are using a Mac then it would be the Apple button rather than the Control button on your keyboard. I am happy to further explain if anything of the instructions above are confusing.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 6/6/2015 3:12:03 PM(EST)
vbreslow

United States

Thank you for your help, I understand the process now.
#8 Posted : 6/13/2015 12:41:58 PM(EST)
bodybliss

United States

I have been pondering that myself - thanks!