Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/5/2015 10:43:02 PM(EST)
TMinTX

I am having continual printer feed issues with the full sheet weatherproof inkjet labels. I take the sheets out well in advance of printing and let them acclimate to the climate in the room. I select "glossy photo paper" in my printer settings (the selection that works more often than others.) I print one page at a time. However, what happens more often than not is the printer grabs the plain paper underneath and the label paper together, feeds the label paper in first by approximately 1.5 inches, about .5" of the page on the label paper, then the rest of the page on the plain paper. I am finding that I have to repeat the printing 3-5 times and then, for no understandable reason, the page will print correctly on the label sheet. What can I do differently to increase the likelihood that my printing will occur ONLY on the label paper and end this wasting of ink and label sheets?

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:50:26 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 5/6/2015 6:04:56 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
TMinTX - What happens when you manually feed the label material without paper in the tray (just 1 single label sheet in the tray)? Does it still have issues?

Have you recently cleaned your rollers on your printer. Here are some instructions on how to clean the feed rollers on your printer. This may be helpful if we can establish it is an issue with your print rollers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzcmCCN6x-0

Thanks. Let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot.

Dave
#3 Posted : 5/6/2015 12:29:54 PM(EST)
TMinTX

Dave, I hadn't even thought of manual feed. Great idea. I'm sure the printer has that function; I've just never seen or used it. Will take a look later today.

We did make sure the rollers were clean the first time we had an issue with this. They were, but we recleaned them to be sure.

I'll let you know if manual feed works. Thanks!
#4 Posted : 5/6/2015 2:51:27 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Let us know how it goes. I see you recently purchased some of the matte weatherproof material for inkjet printing.

That has a different liner (backing) so it will be interesting to see how that performs in your printer.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 5/6/2015 3:16:56 PM(EST)
TMinTX

I've used the matte labels before and the printer feed worked well with them. I thought it was the glossy finish causing the problem on this batch, but perhaps it is the backing. I'll try the manual feed when I get home and let you know.
#6 Posted : 5/7/2015 12:40:06 PM(EST)
TMinTX

Feeding with only one sheet in the printer tray does seem to work. It's rather cumbersome when printing several sheets, but it beats wasting them! Thanks for your input.
#7 Posted : 5/7/2015 2:41:21 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I'm glad to hear that the manual feed method is working. I am interested to hear if the matte waterproof inkjet product feeds better for you.

Let us know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com