Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/29/2015 4:28:41 PM(EST)
eandbeenaturally

United States

I am using OL421CK. This is my second box. The first box was great -- the labels printed bright & beautiful. I ordered a second box - same printer, same ink, same computer, same browser - now the ink is very dull and light on the labels. It does not look as professional as it did the first time around with my first box of labels. I'm bummed. I called into support and they told me to choose the advanced option to "print as image". I did this - it printed a tad brighter, but still very dull. I have even changed my ink cartridge - no luck. If I print on plain paper or a kraft brown label, the ink is bright..

I really feel like it's something wrong with the box of labels.

Any advice or insight?

Thanks,
Emily

#2 Posted : 7/30/2015 11:00:24 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
eandbeenaturally -

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced with your clear gloss inkjet labels and I'll be happy to assist you in any way that I can.

I was able to track down material from the exact same production lot that we shipped to you on your recent order. I ran the material through a couple of the inkjet printers that we have in the office, and after tinkering with some of the printer settings I was able to achieve an attractive, bright and vivid print.

When printing with the default printer settings my print also looked somewhat light and washed out. Adjusting the material type setting to Photo/Glossy completely resolved the light printing that i encountered. After you have changed the material type setting to Photo/Glossy, you can also attempt increasing the print quality from normal to best. If you try making the adjustment to best quality with the default or plain paper setting, the print will most likely appear fuzzy and unclear due to over-saturation.

Please try making these adjustments and let me know if it improves your print quality. If you have any other questions please respond to this post, and I'll be happy to continue assisting you in any way possible.
#3 Posted : 8/27/2015 12:51:49 PM(EST)
S R Levy

United States

I have a similar problem. I am printing on OL1025CK Clear Gloss for Inkjet printers. I have set the paper to Photo-Glossy and the print quality to high. I have a Canon 880 Inkjet printer. Nevertheless, I am getting faded labels and even though I let the labels stand overnight, the ink smears right off. Any suggestions?
#4 Posted : 8/27/2015 4:27:17 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

I'm unable to locate your order details in our system - can you provide the order number or the lot number on the package of labels that you purchased? This would allow me to investigate the issue in greater detail.

In the meantime, you may want to try reducing the print quality from Best to Normal. Some inkjet printers output ink at greater rates than others. Over-saturated prints can sometimes result in a fuzzy, unclear appearance as well as smearing and smudging. Please try reducing the print quality and let me know if the issue persists.
#5 Posted : 8/28/2015 4:20:27 PM(EST)
S R Levy

United States

My order number is: 3008182. I just tried again using an HP Photosmart 5520 printer. I tried the following two settings:

Photo Paper Glossy - Best and Plain paper - Draft. Both smear.

HELP!
#6 Posted : 8/31/2015 8:38:01 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I apologize again for the issue that you are experiencing. It sounds like it may be easier to resolve this problem over the phone. One of our senior representatives will be contacting you this morning. I've given him your order number and contact details and instructed him to wait until 9 AM PST to reach out.
#7 Posted : 3/3/2017 12:38:37 AM(EST)
zalytony

Canada

Originally Posted by: S R Levy Go to Quoted Post
My order number is: 3008182. I just tried again using an HP Photosmart 5520 printer. I tried the following two settings:

Photo Paper Glossy - Best and Plain paper - Draft. Both smear.

HELP!

• Make sure you printed on fresh, unwrinkled paper. If you are sure you did, go to the next step.

• Make sure that there is plain white paper in the input tray.

• On the product control panel, press Setup.

• Press the left arrow or the right arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.

• Press the left arrow or the right arrow to select Clean Print Cartridge, and then press OK. The product prints a test page.

• Examine the test page. If the print quality of the page is good, stop here. If the print quality is bad, go to Hp Photosmart 5520 Manual for proceed to the next step.

Edited by user Friday, March 3, 2017 12:39:13 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified