Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/13/2015 9:07:56 PM(EST)
Emergence Marketing

United States

I am having issues printing on your waterproof polyester laser labels. Gloss laser and other papers are printing just fine with slight modifications to the type of paper and quality settings. Polyester laser labels I have had no luck. It seems to be faded or not printing properly in the middle of the label/paper and very smudged as well. I tested using gloss paper and the printer prints just fine, no fading or smudging. Could it be bad paper, because it is not the printer and all other labels I have ordered from your store prints just fine except for the polyester laser labels.
#2 Posted : 8/14/2015 9:31:00 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm very sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing and I'll be happy to provide you with any assistance that I can. I'll just need some additional details so I can begin researching the problem that you have encountered.

What printer model are you using to print your labels?

Looking at your order history, it appears you have purchased a number of different weatherproof polyester products in the past. Is the problem occurring on all of the weatherproof polyester products, or is there one in particular that is affected?

Please respond with any additional information and I'll be happy to look into this issue for you.
#3 Posted : 3/5/2016 7:28:52 PM(EST)
Soapcrafter

I switched to the weatherproof silver polyester laser labels for my lip balm tubes and have had great results. They are very durable, the printing doesn't rub off with continual use and they look great. I will definitely buy these again!
#4 Posted : 3/6/2016 11:14:53 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soapcrafter Go to Quoted Post
I switched to the weatherproof silver polyester laser labels for my lip balm tubes and have had great results. They are very durable, the printing doesn't rub off with continual use and they look great. I will definitely buy these again!

I'm glad to hear that the weatherproof silver polyester labels for laser printing are working well for you!! Thanks for your business.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 2/1/2017 1:11:33 PM(EST)
Mike Howerton

United States

I've been using the OL1102CL and have had issues with my print/logos rubbing off when I have them in my pocket rubbing against my cell phone. My customers have the same issue. I've been using the laser printers at both FedEx Kinkos or UPS stores. Is there a different print method, or another lip balm label product number that I can use that would prevent this?

#6 Posted : 2/1/2017 3:24:14 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Mike -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into and I'll be happy to help however I can.

Any application that involves a significant amount of rubbing or abrasion can be tough on inkjet and laser printing. This is due to the print being exposed on the surface of the label without any type of protection of lamination. There are a couple of things you can do that should improve the overall durability of the printed labels:

- Check with the print operator about which settings they're using to print the labels. Most laser printers are set as default to print on standard copy paper. Having the print operator adjust the material type to a heavier setting (photo, glossy, heavy paper, labels, transparencies) can have a very positive impact on print quality and durability.

- Applying an unprinted clear label over the printed label on the tube would essentially be the same as adding a laminate to the labels. This would double the number of labels used, but would ensure the greatest durability possible.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.