Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/13/2015 12:22:11 PM(EST)
vinnooindia

India

Hi,
My purpose is to create name labels for students. Kindly suggest me a paper, laminate film and printing method which meets my requirements below.

Usage: To stick the labels on their lunch boxes, water bottles, milk bottles, shoes and clothes etc..

Quality: Needs to be weather proof, water proof, freezer safe, microwoven safe. (I may need an additional lamination or spray to make them work for me)

Kindly suggest a solution for me.

Thank you
#2 Posted : 11/16/2015 10:18:39 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you for your interest in our products. We have a couple of weatherproof label materials that could potentially work for your application:

Weatherproof Polyester Laser

Weatherproof Matte Inkjet

Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet

All three of these materials are designed to withstand direct contact with moisture and are frequently used for refrigerated and frozen food products.

Some customers choose to utilize a clear coat protective spray after printing their labels to achieve even greater durability. You can view a step by step tutorial on applying a clear coat spray to your labels by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels....protection-label-overcoa

Unfortunately, we do not offer any products that are considered to be microwave or dishwasher safe at this time.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should require any additional details please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 11/17/2015 12:53:32 PM(EST)
vinnooindia

India

Hi Josh,
I appreciate your reply.

I may need to laminate with a transparent sheet on top of weather proof sheet that you provide and go for die cut or plotter cut.

1. Do you provide the plain A4 sheets with no die cut?
2. Do you also provide a plain transparent sheet to laminate?
3. Do they work with plotter cutting?
4. Have you ever microwave and/or dishwasher tested any of the labels that you have mentioned?
5. Assuming tested.... what's the result, will it loose the print quality or the label itself can't withstand or peel off?
6. Assuming not tested.... Can you provide some samples(I'm located in Hyderabad, India), so that i can test them to see how far it works for me?

Kindly advice.

Thank you
#4 Posted : 11/17/2015 1:17:06 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
vinnooindia -

I've provided answers to your questions below:

1. Are products are not available on A4 sheets. The majority of our products are on standard 8.5" x 11 sheets, but we do have a small selection of products available on 8.5" x 14", 11" x 17", and 12" x 18" sheets as well. You can view our large format sheets at the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels....-format-label-sheets.htm

2. We do offer a clear glossy material that is completely transparent. You can view this product at the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels....l_clear_laser_labels.htm

3. Our products have not been tested with a plotter cutter. Most of them are pre-cut for simple peel and stick applications. I do know that many of our customers have used scissors to cut down full sheets into custom shapes and sizes before.

4. Our products are not microwave or dishwasher safe. They should not be used for these types of applications.

5. The print quality and/or adhesive could potentially break down when run through a dishwasher cycle. The labels shouldn't be placed in a microwave under any circumstances.

6. You can request sample sheets by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels..../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

The sample sheets will be free, but there will be a shipping fee of $13.95 for samples being sent outside of the United States.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
#5 Posted : 2/16/2017 11:22:30 PM(EST)
cole86

I think it depends what you are using the labels for, but I am a big fan of their inkjet matte