Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 5/15/2014 4:23:16 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Eagle458 - We have an align tool in Maestro Label Design that can be used to center objects to each other. That tool doesn't center objects on the label itself. I will pass your feedback on to our development team so this feature can be considered in the future.

Thanks for the feedback.
#22 Posted : 6/13/2014 1:00:54 AM(EST)
KarenL

It needs lossless image support.
We use simple line art (bar codes and line drawings) with small text on the labels. The print quality always degrades when importing images. The print quality is always lower when using Maestro vs. the same image printed directly to the same printer. We do not resize or resize slightly, but the original is very close to the correct size. These are relativity small images for 1/2"x1" to 2"x3" labels. We have tried all supported image formats and various sizes.
#23 Posted : 6/13/2014 10:46:52 AM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KarenL Go to Quoted Post
It needs lossless image support.
We use simple line art (bar codes and line drawings) with small text on the labels. The print quality always degrades when importing images. The print quality is always lower when using Maestro vs. the same image printed directly to the same printer. We do not resize or resize slightly, but the original is very close to the correct size. These are relativity small images for 1/2"x1" to 2"x3" labels. We have tried all supported image formats and various sizes.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will pass this on to the development team to look into. In the mean time it sounds like the issue might be more complex. One of our representatives should be contacting you today to further discuss it.
#24 Posted : 10/8/2014 11:05:50 AM(EST)
RWalters

United States

I like the barcode generator in Maestro using the data merge option to create sequential labels and it seems to work fairly well. Any plans to add a QR code generator to Maestro?
#25 Posted : 10/8/2014 11:17:41 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

RWalters - I believe that we do have plans to integrate a QR code generator into Maestro Label Designer at some point in the future.

In the meantime, you can generate a QR code image using our QR code generator at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/label-generator-tools/QR-Code-Generator.aspx

Once you generate the QR code image, you can upload it to the Maestro Label Designer for use in your design.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Dave
#26 Posted : 1/16/2015 2:15:44 PM(EST)
Concopa

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am 90% happy with Maestro Label Designer. There is one area where Avery online label program is much better. They make it much easier to edit one label at a time. My labels have different text so I need to quickly be able to switch design for each label. With Avery it is just a couple clicks, with Maestro Label Designer I have to go in and create a new design sheet. It takes a lot more time. With Maestro Label Designer it is almost like it is all or nothing for a sheet of labels.
#27 Posted : 1/18/2015 6:14:43 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Concopa Go to Quoted Post
I am 90% happy with Maestro Label Designer. There is one area where Avery online label program is much better. They make it much easier to edit one label at a time. My labels have different text so I need to quickly be able to switch design for each label. With Avery it is just a couple clicks, with Maestro Label Designer I have to go in and create a new design sheet. It takes a lot more time. With Maestro Label Designer it is almost like it is all or nothing for a sheet of labels.

Concopa - Thanks for the feedback. We plan to continue improving how Maestro Label Designer handles multiple designs on one sheet.

I am not sure if you are using our multiple design tool? It makes things a lot easier. You can read a tutorial at the link below. This makes it a quick to vary the design label to label on the same label sheet.

http://www.onlinelabels....l-designs-in-maestro.htm

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#28 Posted : 3/28/2015 1:59:53 PM(EST)
cw.frdxbg

United States

New user here - is there any kind of guide for Maestro? Don't intend to become power user, but would like to create the occasional label for products as required.
Thanks
#29 Posted : 3/28/2015 5:23:35 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: cw.frdxbg Go to Quoted Post
New user here - is there any kind of guide for Maestro? Don't intend to become power user, but would like to create the occasional label for products as required.
Thanks

You can find a lot of helpful information related to using Maestro Label Designer at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels....port/maestroSupport.aspx

If you have any specific questions let us know.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#30 Posted : 3/10/2017 2:16:26 PM(EST)
carhat22

I love this software!
#31 Posted : 4/30/2018 2:47:41 PM(EST)
tlsikora

United States

My suggestion is you go back to your 2014 software.

I first started purchasing your labels in 2014. My labels aligned perfectly most of the time. Ever since you "updated" it, I have had trouble with alignment issues on several of my labels. I have wasted so many labels just to get a sheet to print out correctly. I have actually stopped buying several sizes of your round labels because of so many problems with alignment. Your customer service is great but I don't have the time to troubleshoot every sheet of labels I print.
#32 Posted : 4/30/2018 5:06:58 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
tlsikora -

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced. The updated version of Maestro Label Designer changed the way that the user interface looks and performs, but the PDF files that are generated by the software should function exactly the same as they did previously.

If you'll provide some additional details I'll be happy to take a closer look into the issue.

What type of alignment issues are you experiencing? Is the misalignment uniform (everything printing off in one direction) or non-uniform (some labels printing too high while other print too low)?

What browser are you using to open the program? Do you print directly from the browser or do you save the design as a PDF file first?

If you're saving your designs as a PDF before printing, what PDF viewer are you using to open the PDF files?

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're constantly working to improve Maestro Label Designer and your input is very much appreciated.
#33 Posted : 6/22/2018 4:31:06 PM(EST)
XSFSPD

Ive been using the software for a few years or so... not sure if this has been suggested or not and I really can't see why it cannot be done but I would REALLY use more than 10 labels in the software. I find myself have to change 1 of the 10 to fit what I need. 20 would be great. 10 so so limiting!
#34 Posted : 6/22/2018 6:01:55 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: XSFSPD Go to Quoted Post
Ive been using the software for a few years or so... not sure if this has been suggested or not and I really can't see why it cannot be done but I would REALLY use more than 10 labels in the software. I find myself have to change 1 of the 10 to fit what I need. 20 would be great. 10 so so limiting!

I believe your comment is in regards to our multi-design tool (different label designs on the same sheet). We currently limit the number of label designs within a design file to the number of labels on the template that you have selected. I will assume you are designing a label that has 10 labels on a sheet so that is why you are being limited to 10 different designs. It sounds like you want the ability to have 20 different designs in the design file and change the 10 designs you print on the sheet to a different set of designs each time.

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely pass your feedback onto our development team to see if this is something they will consider allowing in the future.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: XSFSPD
#35 Posted : 6/23/2018 12:52:15 PM(EST)
XSFSPD

Originally Posted by: dcarmany Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XSFSPD Go to Quoted Post

I believe your comment is in regards to our multi-design tool (different label designs on the same sheet). We currently limit the number of label designs within a design file to the number of labels on the template that you have selected. I will assume you are designing a label that has 10 labels on a sheet so that is why you are being limited to 10 different designs. It sounds like you want the ability to have 20 different designs in the design file and change the 10 designs you print on the sheet to a different set of designs each time.

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely pass your feedback onto our development team to see if this is something they will consider allowing in the future.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Yes that is it exactly, thank you! I definitely understand why it's setup as it is but my labels are constantly changing and more spots in the multidesign tool would mean less work for how I use the software. Thanks!
#36 Posted : 8/24/2018 7:06:53 PM(EST)
hera94

United States

1. The ability to do manual kerning and adjust the space between lines.
2. The ability to do text in a circle or arc.
3. The ability to add a stroke to a font
4. The ability to color text with a gradient.
#37 Posted : 8/25/2018 7:54:28 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: hera94 Go to Quoted Post
1. The ability to do manual kerning and adjust the space between lines.
2. The ability to do text in a circle or arc.
3. The ability to add a stroke to a font
4. The ability to color text with a gradient.

We appreciate the feedback & recommendations. Maestro Label Designer currently supports #2 and #3 on your list already. I have attached an image showing this functionality in action.

You can see learn more about our available text features at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/GettingStarted/Adding-Text.aspx

I have forwarded #1 and #4 on your list to our team for future consideration.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Monday, August 27, 2018 10:41:15 AM(EST)  | Reason: Corrected response

dcarmany attached the following image(s):
image_of_curved_text_and_text_w_stroke.JPG (109kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#38 Posted : 11/29/2020 7:05:23 AM(EST)
DJLProjects

United States

Here are the two features that would revolutionize my current workflow within Maestro:

1. Multiple File Upload
2. Saturation Image Property Slider

1. The inability to upload multiple files at once is destroying my workflow. It takes forever to add all the images required for a particular project. I'm working with literally tens of thousands of images over the course of a year. Each needs to added to it's own label within the designer. This has been such an issue that I created and started using my own photoshop templates instead of maestro for certain projects.

2. Another vital feature that is missing is the ability to desaturate, or make an image black and white. This would be a game changer for me. To adjust a single slider in the image properties tab within the designer would save countless hours of image pre-processing and tons of label paper. Typically I create the label sheet in maestro in color, then print two versions of the same document from my printer's settings; one in color, and one in grayscale.

Without these two features I have been forced to create my own Photoshop templates to use instead. Although I would still prefer to use Online Labels official label designer to ensure greater consistency in the print. These are vital enough that, without them, I have little reason to reactivate maestro when it expires.
#39 Posted : 11/30/2020 8:35:20 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DJLProjects Go to Quoted Post
Here are the two features that would revolutionize my current workflow within Maestro:

1. Multiple File Upload
2. Saturation Image Property Slider

1. The inability to upload multiple files at once is destroying my workflow. It takes forever to add all the images required for a particular project. I'm working with literally tens of thousands of images over the course of a year. Each needs to added to it's own label within the designer. This has been such an issue that I created and started using my own photoshop templates instead of maestro for certain projects.

2. Another vital feature that is missing is the ability to desaturate, or make an image black and white. This would be a game changer for me. To adjust a single slider in the image properties tab within the designer would save countless hours of image pre-processing and tons of label paper. Typically I create the label sheet in maestro in color, then print two versions of the same document from my printer's settings; one in color, and one in grayscale.

Without these two features I have been forced to create my own Photoshop templates to use instead. Although I would still prefer to use Online Labels official label designer to ensure greater consistency in the print. These are vital enough that, without them, I have little reason to reactivate maestro when it expires.

Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions. I spoke with the development team. Both of these features are on the roadmap for future development, but they were unable to provide an estimated release date at this point. We will updated this thread when we have additional information. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
2 Pages«12