Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/3/2015 12:16:12 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Where does Maestro pull it's text file fonts from?
We are using multiple computers for designing our labels. We are finding that depending on the computer, the Maestro will prompt the Font File is "not available"; why would this be?!

We are using fonts from the drop down menu available within the Maestro program.
When the font is "not available", we notice the file has been shifted after being saved causing us additional design time (which is not efficient for our purposes).

We look forward to hearing how to resolve this issue. FYI: we are using Internet Explorer (for printing & design) and Firefox (design).
#2 Posted : 1/3/2015 4:59:30 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Maestro Label Designer uses the fonts installed on your computer. The fonts in the drop down in Maestro Label Designer depend on the fonts installed on the local computer in which you are running Maestro Label Designer.

If you create your design using one computer and then open that design on a different computer in which you don't have the same font installed, then Maestro Label Designer only shows you a non-editable / image version of that text. You can edit the text, but it will be replaced with a substitute font.

If you need to be able to edit designs across multiple computers that have different fonts then you will need to copy the fonts to each system.

Here is an article on how to copy / add fonts to Windows 7.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/copy-install-fonts-from-one-computer-to-another/4869f807-3337-4303-84a1-3af84eb1725e

Here is an article on how to copy / add fonts on a Mac.

http://macintoshhowto.com/pages-and-publishing/how-to-copy-a-font.html

I hope this information helps.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: Paper Crafter
#3 Posted : 1/5/2015 9:21:02 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Most helpful! Thank you very much for the additional how to links.
#4 Posted : 4/25/2015 2:51:46 PM(EST)
jennydiego1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OMG this "Upgrade" is maddening to say the least.

I would like to know if your IT department even tested it before it was put into effect. If so, they would have saw all the problems all of us have had.

Why wasn't an email sent to all the users/ existing customers of online labels to let us know that this was happening and it had so many bugs so we could be prepared?
Do we have a choice to go back to the old format?

I have been using your products for 5 years. It has taken me that long to "master" Maestro software and get my extensive catalog of designs where I wanted them. Not too mention the countless hours, amount of supplies and ink to get them to line up when printing. I have created a successful business that is now practically impossible to do without recreating 5 years of work all due to your "upgrade." I always questioned how much I should be relying on a free online label design software but kept coming back to it over Adobe due to its templates and the somewhat easier ability to align my designs on your labels.

I don't know where to begin...
1) None of my fonts are opening.
2) All of my designs I have spent years getting just right need to be started over from scratch.
3) None of my designs are correctly printing on center.

I wish this "Upgrade" would have been tested properly and your customers would have been given the option to "Upgrade."
 1 user thanked jennydiego1 for this useful post: Paper Crafter
#5 Posted : 4/25/2015 5:58:12 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: jennydiego1 Go to Quoted Post
OMG this "Upgrade" is maddening to say the least.

I would like to know if your IT department even tested it before it was put into effect. If so, they would have saw all the problems all of us have had.

Why wasn't an email sent to all the users/ existing customers of online labels to let us know that this was happening and it had so many bugs so we could be prepared?
Do we have a choice to go back to the old format?

I have been using your products for 5 years. It has taken me that long to "master" Maestro software and get my extensive catalog of designs where I wanted them. Not too mention the countless hours, amount of supplies and ink to get them to line up when printing. I have created a successful business that is now practically impossible to do without recreating 5 years of work all due to your "upgrade." I always questioned how much I should be relying on a free online label design software but kept coming back to it over Adobe due to its templates and the somewhat easier ability to align my designs on your labels.

I don't know where to begin...
1) None of my fonts are opening.
2) All of my designs I have spent years getting just right need to be started over from scratch.
3) None of my designs are correctly printing on center.

I wish this "Upgrade" would have been tested properly and your customers would have been given the option to "Upgrade."

I apologize for the issues that you are experiencing. There was hundreds of hours of testing on the new version of Maestro Label Designer before it was launched. Most of the issues in the new Maestro Label Designer version stem from the fact that the new version is browser dependent whereas the prior version depended on Adobe Flash. The browser dependency has an impact on the consistency of the designs across different browsers / computers. We know this definitely impacts some old designs in terms of text placement.

There will definitely be some variation in text placement depending on the browser that you are using. I will need to get a more in-depth details from you in order to properly troubleshoot the issues that you are experiencing.

The legacy version of Maestro Label Designer is still available. You can use it at the link below. Our plan is to have the legacy version running for the next few months (we don't have a definitive time for its shutdown yet since our plan is to make sure that we resolve as many issues as possible in the new version).

http://maestro.onlinelab...gner/maestro-legacy.aspx

I will need further details on the specific issues that you are experiencing in order to trouble shoot them. Can you please submit details to us via our ticket system at the link below? Please let us know details on your browser version and operating system. Can you also explain what you mean when you say that none of your fonts are opening? Do you not see them listed in Maestro Label Designer? Can you provide us with the name of one of your saved designs that is printing off-center so we can take a look at it?

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

Thanks for your patience. We are definitely happy to work with you until we find resolution to all the issues that you are experiencing.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: Paper Crafter
#6 Posted : 4/26/2015 5:30:42 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

We are having similar expereinces as noted above. In addition whenever we go to upload or import an image the entire computer freezes and has to be re-booted. We've had our computer looked at by I.T. department and the issue is within coding from the Maestro program.
We greatly look forward to 'bugs' being resolved with this new program.

As an asside; is it at all possible to use a later version of Maestro and not have our program revert to the latest version until the matters at hand are resolved? ------ Just reviewed info re: older version being available at:

That is great! We look forward to seeing what the latest Maestro offers when programming has had an opportunity to work out errors.

Thank you from a customer that still loves your products and is empathetic to software issues.

Edited by user Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:35:04 PM(EST)  | Reason: Realized an answer to my question regarding the previous version was already provided.

#7 Posted : 4/26/2015 5:41:14 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

jennydiego1;

I can't speak for your fonts not being present in Maestro however, from experience I've learned that once the fonts are present the designs will correct themselves.
We had a very similar scare until we realized that Maestro takes the "fonts" database from the computer in which you are logging in from. In the event that your computer does not have a font installed and was used in a design it deletes and/or moves imaging within your completed designs.

2 recommendations:
- At the completion of every design in print there is an option to down load a .pdf version (do this for all future printing). It's quicker than logging on to the system and you will always have it for printing purposes
- double check that your systems all have the same font packages; update any fonts that are used and not on all systems.

Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance. I was there and appreciate your frustration; If I can help I would be happy to share my learning experience.
#8 Posted : 4/26/2015 10:25:42 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Paper Crafter Go to Quoted Post
We are having similar expereinces as noted above. In addition whenever we go to upload or import an image the entire computer freezes and has to be re-booted. We've had our computer looked at by I.T. department and the issue is within coding from the Maestro program.
We greatly look forward to 'bugs' being resolved with this new program.

As an asside; is it at all possible to use a later version of Maestro and not have our program revert to the latest version until the matters at hand are resolved? ------ Just reviewed info re: older version being available at:

That is great! We look forward to seeing what the latest Maestro offers when programming has had an opportunity to work out errors.

Thank you from a customer that still loves your products and is empathetic to software issues.

Paper Crafter - We would like to further research the performance issue that you are having with Maestro Label Designer. You mentioned that your computer is crashing whenever you go to upload or import an image. Can you provide details on your operating system and browser version? Can you also try clearing your browser cache and temporary internet files? I can give you instructions on how to clear your browser cache and temporary internet files if you let me know your browser version.

We are working diligently to resolve issues as they are reported. This is the first that I have heard of this issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#9 Posted : 6/30/2015 1:32:31 PM(EST)
magan

United States

I actually like the new upgrade, but this font issue is a headache. Our font choice is a standard Windows font (Impact) but Maestro isn't detecting it at all. I've followed all the suggestions I could find, but Maestro refuses to acknowledge Impact (and other generic Windows fonts). I have hundreds of fonts installed on my computer, but Maestro only lists about 20 of them.
#10 Posted : 6/30/2015 6:54:12 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: magan Go to Quoted Post
I actually like the new upgrade, but this font issue is a headache. Our font choice is a standard Windows font (Impact) but Maestro isn't detecting it at all. I've followed all the suggestions I could find, but Maestro refuses to acknowledge Impact (and other generic Windows fonts). I have hundreds of fonts installed on my computer, but Maestro only lists about 20 of them.

Magan - Can you confirm that you have Adobe Flash Player installed on your system? Can you run the test at the link below and let me know the response to #1 on the checklist?

http://maestro.onlinelab...uirements-checklist.aspx

The new version of Maestro Label Designer doesn't require Adobe Flash Player to work, but it does require it to access the fonts on your system. In the event that you don't have Flash Player (or can't install it), the good news is that the new version of Maestro Label Designer has a quite a few open source fonts that are pre-loaded and do not require you to have Adobe Flash Player. If the font has an Online Labels logo to the left of the font name in the font drop-down then it is a pre-loaded font (open source).

Can you visit http://browserspy.dk/fonts-flash.php. What does it list for the number of fonts installed?

Let us know and we can continue troubleshooting the issue.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:55:02 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : 7/1/2015 3:22:05 PM(EST)
magan

United States

Hi Dave! According to the links that you sent, I have:

Adobe Flash Plugin detected! - Version 18,0,0,194

Number of fonts installed 1741

I hope this helps. I really appreciate you looking into this issue. The boss hasn't been happy with the font substitution but after reading your reply above I reverted to the legacy version of Maestro & all is well for now but I sure miss the improved features offered in the updated Maestro release.
#12 Posted : 7/2/2015 10:07:38 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: magan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dave! According to the links that you sent, I have:

Adobe Flash Plugin detected! - Version 18,0,0,194

Number of fonts installed 1741

I hope this helps. I really appreciate you looking into this issue. The boss hasn't been happy with the font substitution but after reading your reply above I reverted to the legacy version of Maestro & all is well for now but I sure miss the improved features offered in the updated Maestro release.

Magan - I need to further troubleshoot the issue. I'm glad to hear that the legacy version is working for you. We would obviously like to transition all users from the legacy version to the current version since we don't plan to do any further development on the legacy version of Maestro Label Designer.

What browser (browser version) are you using? If you have multiple browsers on your machine - can you try opening the new version in multiple browsers and see if you are experiencing the issue in all your browsers?

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#13 Posted : 7/22/2015 2:18:59 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

We've been experiencing font problems as well. Using the older version of Maestro, I had access to all the fonts on my PC. I designed quite a few labels with the older software.

Now, when I go to open an older label design, I do get a message that the label was designed with the older version. I click to open the label, it opens & sometimes the text box is off, but that's not a problem. I just realign the text box & save.

BUT, the problem now is that all my PC fonts seem to be missing. There's a bunch of generic fonts that I can choose on Maestro but the fonts from my PC I want to use are missing. I click on the link to load more fonts & I get a message that Flash needs to be installed. Well, I already have Flash installed on my PC & for good measure, I upgraded to the latest version. But for some reason, Maestro isn't recognizing that I do have Flash installed. I'm using Firefox & I even selected the option for Flash to always work on Maestro. But still, when designing new labels, I can only see the generic fonts. On some of my older labels, I can see the fonts from my PC that I used to do the original design, but I just can't seem to see them or use them when doing new labels.

If I open up Maestro in Chrome, I do see all the fonts, so maybe it's some kind of conflict with Firefox? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
#14 Posted : 7/22/2015 2:36:54 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

BTW, I just did the check for Maestro to make sure my PC is compatible, which it should be since I've been designing labels with this software for over a year or so.

Anyway, the check came back & it recognized that I do indeed have the latest version of Flash installed, along with pdf reader, etc...

So, the Maestro test page recognizes that I have Flash, but the Maestro software doesn't seem to recognize that I have Flash when I design a new label and click on "add more fonts". I'm just trying to get access to the fonts I used on my earlier designs that are on my PC.

Also, I did try using the Maestro Legacy version to design a new label and that version DID list all the fonts on my PC. So I'm pretty confused right now about all this. The Legacy version shows my fonts, the new version doesn't. The new version doesn't think I have Flash installed but I do & the Maestro test page confirms that my PC has everything installed that's required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
#15 Posted : 7/22/2015 2:43:34 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: SweetAirSoapworks Go to Quoted Post
BTW, I just did the check for Maestro to make sure my PC is compatible, which it should be since I've been designing labels with this software for over a year or so.

Anyway, the check came back & it recognized that I do indeed have the latest version of Flash installed, along with pdf reader, etc...

So, the Maestro test page recognizes that I have Flash, but the Maestro software doesn't seem to recognize that I have Flash when I design a new label and click on "add more fonts". I'm just trying to get access to the fonts I used on my earlier designs that are on my PC.

Also, I did try using the Maestro Legacy version to design a new label and that version DID list all the fonts on my PC. So I'm pretty confused right now about all this. The Legacy version shows my fonts, the new version doesn't. The new version doesn't think I have Flash installed but I do & the Maestro test page confirms that my PC has everything installed that's required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for all the information. Firefox has been making a lot of changes in regards to how they deal with Adobe Flash in the last few weeks. I am definitely confused by the issue you are experiencing since it does sound like your Flash player is functioning.

Can you answer the following questions so I can talk to our technical team and provide them more information?

1) Visit http://browserspy.dk/fonts-flash.php. What does it list for the number of fonts installed?

2) Go to Options in FireFox, then Privacy. What is selected for history (e.g. Firefox will: "Remember history)?

3) What version of Firefox do you currently have installed?

Let us know so we can continue troubleshooting the issue. Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:44:23 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : 7/22/2015 4:20:11 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

Thanks for all the information. Firefox has been making a lot of changes in regards to how they deal with Adobe Flash in the last few weeks. I am definitely confused by the issue you are experiencing since it does sound like your Flash player is functioning.

Can you answer the following questions so I can talk to our technical team and provide them more information?

1) Visit http://browserspy.dk/fonts-flash.php. What does it list for the number of fonts installed?

Number of fonts installed - 324

2) Go to Options in FireFox, then Privacy. What is selected for history (e.g. Firefox will: "Remember history)?

Firefox will: Remember history

v.39.0

Thanks for your help with this Dave!
#17 Posted : 7/23/2015 1:18:57 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Number of fonts installed - 324

Firefox will: Remember history

v.39.0

Thanks for your help with this Dave!

I passed your information on to our technical team. They let me know that your settings all seem to be correct. There are a few more settings that we will need to review. Our technical team recommended that I have you call our customer support at 1-888-575-2235 and then we can run through some different scenarios to see if we can resolve the issue. It seems like it is a settings issue and we need to check some additional items.

When you call into support, please let the customer service rep know that you were working on the issue on the support forum already and have gone through troubleshooting all the basic settings. If the rep can't immediately solve the issue then we can turn you over to one of the members of our technical team to do trouble shoot the issue in more detail.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:19:30 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : 7/23/2015 5:24:38 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

DAVE!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

It was a team effort but we were able to solve the problem. I'd like to give a BIG THANKS to Abby, Steve & Brian for their patience & help. I was on the phone with Abby this afternoon for 1&1/2 hours, we went through all kinds of troubleshooting. She was communicating with Steve & Bryan & we were trying all sorts of things.

The big breakthrough came when Brian (I think) told Abby to ask me to open my Firefox Extensions. We had already looked at my Firefox Add-On’s & it showed that my Shockwave Flash was updated with the latest version. When I looked at my extensions, I noticed that I had Flash Blocker enabled. Even though I have my Flash permissions enabled for Maestro & Online Labels, the Flash Block extension was apparently blocking access to Flash from Maestro.

When I visit sites that are Flash enabled, even if I've given that site permission to run Flash, the Flash Blocker extension would place a small "f" over the video, ad or flash content that I would have to click to allow Flash to run. It's just another form of protection that I've used to keep Flash from automatically running on sites. When I saw that I had Flash Blocker enabled, I thought about it & remembered that when using Maestro, I don't see the small "f" that would allow me to click to enable Flash. I figured that if the programmers didn't program Maestro to take Flash Blocker into account, then I wouldn't see the small "f" symbol to click on, and so Flash Blocker would just automatically keep blocking Flash from the software.

So, when talking with Abby & she asked me to check extensions, I mentioned to her about having Flash Blocker enabled & we decided to try disabling that extension to see what would happen. After disabling & rebooting Firefox, I opened Maestro back up, logged in, selected a template, and low & behold, all my fonts were now showing! Woo Hoo!

So it was the Flash Blocker extension that was creating all the havoc! I think I’ll leave that one disabled since I already have Firefox set up to ask me if I want to allow Flash when visiting any website.

Anyway, problem & mystery solved thanks to your great support team. BTW, we use onlinelabels & Maestro exclusively for our natural soaps & skin care product labels & I always recommend you guys wholeheartedly when I’m on various forums & my Etsy craft fair team. The great support that I received from you & your team to solve this problem confirms that my recommendation for onlinelabels is spot on!

Thanks again for your help & please convey my sincere thanks to Abby, Brian & Steve for their patience & most excellent customer support.
#19 Posted : 7/23/2015 5:59:18 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

DAVE!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

It was a team effort but we were able to solve the problem. I'd like to give a BIG THANKS to Abby, Steve & Brian for their patience & help. I was on the phone with Abby this afternoon for 1&1/2 hours, we went through all kinds of troubleshooting. She was communicating with Steve & Bryan & we were trying all sorts of things.

The big breakthrough came when Brian (I think) told Abby to ask me to open my Firefox Extensions. We had already looked at my Firefox Add-On’s & it showed that my Shockwave Flash was updated with the latest version. When I looked at my extensions, I noticed that I had Flash Blocker enabled. Even though I have my Flash permissions enabled for Maestro & Online Labels, the Flash Block extension was apparently blocking access to Flash from Maestro.

When I visit sites that are Flash enabled, even if I've given that site permission to run Flash, the Flash Blocker extension would place a small "f" over the video, ad or flash content that I would have to click to allow Flash to run. It's just another form of protection that I've used to keep Flash from automatically running on sites. When I saw that I had Flash Blocker enabled, I thought about it & remembered that when using Maestro, I don't see the small "f" that would allow me to click to enable Flash. I figured that if the programmers didn't program Maestro to take Flash Blocker into account, then I wouldn't see the small "f" symbol to click on, and so Flash Blocker would just automatically keep blocking Flash from the software.

So, when talking with Abby & she asked me to check extensions, I mentioned to her about having Flash Blocker enabled & we decided to try disabling that extension to see what would happen. After disabling & rebooting Firefox, I opened Maestro back up, logged in, selected a template, and low & behold, all my fonts were now showing! Woo Hoo!

So it was the Flash Blocker extension that was creating all the havoc! I think I’ll leave that one disabled since I already have Firefox set up to ask me if I want to allow Flash when visiting any website.

Anyway, problem & mystery solved thanks to your great support team. BTW, we use onlinelabels & Maestro exclusively for our natural soaps & skin care product labels & I always recommend you guys wholeheartedly when I’m on various forums & my Etsy craft fair team. The great support that I received from you & your team to solve this problem confirms that my recommendation for onlinelabels is spot on!

Thanks again for your help & please convey my sincere thanks to Abby, Brian & Steve for their patience & most excellent customer support.

I'm glad to hear that our team was able to help you resolve the issue! That is definitely the first that I have heard of the Flash Blocker plugin.

Thanks for your business and referrals. We look forward to working with you on future projects.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com