Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/15/2016 3:16:31 PM(EST)
greenergrl

I bought my labels from onlinelabels.com and am trying to use the maestro. Unfortunately, the labels don't line up with what's being printed on them. It's not a matter of alignment, at the top of the page the label is cut off at the bottom and at the bottom of the page the label is cut off at the top. Really what's happening is that the labels I bought do not fit the label maker it says it's supposed to fit. OL870 is both the labels I bought and the template I'm using, the template is too big for the labels it was made for.

Is it a question of the margins? Even the center row of labels don't line up.
#2 Posted : 12/15/2016 3:19:37 PM(EST)
greenergrl

I just checked my margins and they're set to zero, but there are definitely margins being printed.
#3 Posted : 12/15/2016 3:38:59 PM(EST)
greenergrl

The label right in the middle, the best one on the page, has only one side right. The other 3 sides have the trim from the 3 adjoining labels on it.
#4 Posted : 12/16/2016 11:34:27 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing. I did a quick review of the newest design you created on the OL870 template in your Maestro Label Designer account. I think there are multiple issues at play, but I think the biggest issue that you are seeing has to do with your printer model's unprintable margins. Every printer currently on the market has a "buffer" of space around the perimeter of the sheet where ink or toner isn't allowed. This space is called the non-printable margin, and is designed to keep the internal, mechanical parts of the printer free from errant ink and toner.

We do offer a tool on our site that will help you determine your printer's non-printable margins. You can access the printer margin tool by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/printermargins.htm

Unfortunately, the OL870 configuration runs all the way to the edge and there isn't likely a way to make your printer print all the way to the edge of the sheet.

We would be happy to work with you to make some recommendation on ways to change your artwork or help you select an item that may work better for your needs. I recommend that you reach out to our customer service team at 1-888-575-2235 to discuss. I'm sure they can help come up with a resolution.

Thanks for your understanding.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 1/20/2024 3:12:44 PM(EST)
BBailey

I am having the same problem with the 2" labels; I purchased 2 kinds of labels kraft and white. Ever since I got the white, I cannot get them to line up... I also have 3 printers that I have tried these on... I can adjust the top and that prints fine but by the time it prints the bottom labels its off the page. I ordered 1000 of these and close to half of them have been wasted. What a waste of money.
#6 Posted : 1/22/2024 8:40:43 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I apologize for the alignment issues you've been experiencing with the OL5375 - 2"circle labels. If you haven't already, I recommend trying the following steps:

• Make sure your label sheets are stacked neatly and evenly in the printer tray so they feed as straight as possible into the printer.
  • Print your design from Adobe Reader, our recommended PDF viewer for Maestro Label Designer. You can download it for free if you don't already have it.
  • In your print dialog box, confirm that "Actual Size" is selected and that "Fit to Page" or "Page Scaling" is unchecked. This will ensure the template is printing with the same size and spacing as the physical label sheets.
  • Click on "Preferences" or "Advanced Options" from your print dialog box and adjust the paper or media type. Selecting a heavier paper type like "labels," "cardstock," or "transparency" can slow down the printing speed, decreasing some of the shifting.
If none of these steps help, please give us a call at 1-888-575-2235. We'll be happy to work through the issue with you over the phone.
#7 Posted : 4/11/2024 11:24:58 PM(EST)
Val_v7

United States

I have the same issue! When it prints, does not fit within the labels and prints on top, on the area outside the label. Its VERY frustrating, since the website claims it to be so easy, and it is NOT. I would have gone with another company, if i knew this would be an issue! i also wonder as to what's the resolution?
#8 Posted : 4/12/2024 8:09:57 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Val_v7 - I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing alignment issues. Can you let me know if you were able to follow the alignment recommendations listed in the post above?

I went ahead and reviewed your saved designs in Maestro Label Designer and noticed that you have some text and images very close to the edges of the labels. I'd recommend turning on the Bleed and Safe Zone under the View menu to help guide the placement of your design. Since there's always some level of movement in the printer, you'll want to allow a safe margin for any shifting that occurs. Keeping your design within the safe zone, about 0.125" (1/8") from the edge of the label, will prevent any shifting from cutting off your design.

To help minimize shifting, you can use a manual feed tray and select a thicker paper type setting in your printer's properties.