Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/15/2016 3:16:31 PM(EST)
greenergrl

I bought my labels from onlinelabels.com and am trying to use the maestro. Unfortunately, the labels don't line up with what's being printed on them. It's not a matter of alignment, at the top of the page the label is cut off at the bottom and at the bottom of the page the label is cut off at the top. Really what's happening is that the labels I bought do not fit the label maker it says it's supposed to fit. OL870 is both the labels I bought and the template I'm using, the template is too big for the labels it was made for.

Is it a question of the margins? Even the center row of labels don't line up.
#2 Posted : 12/15/2016 3:19:37 PM(EST)
greenergrl

I just checked my margins and they're set to zero, but there are definitely margins being printed.
#3 Posted : 12/15/2016 3:38:59 PM(EST)
greenergrl

The label right in the middle, the best one on the page, has only one side right. The other 3 sides have the trim from the 3 adjoining labels on it.
#4 Posted : 12/16/2016 11:34:27 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing. I did a quick review of the newest design you created on the OL870 template in your Maestro Label Designer account. I think there are multiple issues at play, but I think the biggest issue that you are seeing has to do with your printer model's unprintable margins. Every printer currently on the market has a "buffer" of space around the perimeter of the sheet where ink or toner isn't allowed. This space is called the non-printable margin, and is designed to keep the internal, mechanical parts of the printer free from errant ink and toner.

We do offer a tool on our site that will help you determine your printer's non-printable margins. You can access the printer margin tool by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/printermargins.htm

Unfortunately, the OL870 configuration runs all the way to the edge and there isn't likely a way to make your printer print all the way to the edge of the sheet.

We would be happy to work with you to make some recommendation on ways to change your artwork or help you select an item that may work better for your needs. I recommend that you reach out to our customer service team at 1-888-575-2235 to discuss. I'm sure they can help come up with a resolution.

Thanks for your understanding.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com