Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/9/2016 12:58:32 PM(EST)
crazybill

United States

Pulling my hair out! I am using the Maestro label designer for 2.5" round labels. OL350 (12 per sheet) When the software converts the single label to the sheet it crops each label slightly smaller than the 2.5" circle. It's as if each of the 12 label tiles is slightly smaller than 2.5" Not a printer alignment issue, it happens on each of the 12 labels. There is more than enough bleed.
-Bill-
#2 Posted : 6/10/2016 9:31:12 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
crazybill -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you've experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I just completed a few print tests using the OL350 template within Maestro Label Designer and was able to successfully print labels that were completely filled, so the template does appear to be functioning properly. This means that the issue is likely being caused by either the browser or the PDF reader that you are currently using.

What internet browser are you using to open Maestro Label Designer? Is the output PDF file opening within Adobe Reader or a different PDF viewer?

If you'll respond with answers to these questions we'll be happy to look into possible solutions to the issue that you are experiencing.
#3 Posted : 6/10/2016 10:11:10 AM(EST)
crazybill

United States

Josh, thank you for your reply. I am using firefox as a browser and the document opens in adobe acrobat reader dc. I have designed another label that seems to work properly. I have no idea why this particular design doesn't work. I hate to drop the work I've done on this label. The page settings (margins, bleed etc) are set to default.
-Bill-
#4 Posted : 6/10/2016 10:53:04 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Bill -

Thanks for the quick response. Please try the following steps:

- When you are ready to print your design, rather than clicking on "Print/Preview" please click on "Save as PDF" instead. Then manually open the file within Adobe Abrobat Reader DC.

- From the print dialog box on the PDF file, please make sure that "Actual Size" is selected under the "Page Sizing & Handling" section.

Try printing your file this way and let us know if the problem still persists.
#5 Posted : 7/7/2017 8:15:16 PM(EST)
fudjiecakebrowny

United States

Hello. I bought the labels ol350. the 2.5 labels. The template DOES NOT match the labels. I spent two hours editing and making labels and saved them as pdf. This is not a printer issue. Many people are having troubles with the label not matching the template. I'm very frustrated because I'm not even sure what to do now. These labels are a big part of my new business and I might have to go to another company and get a refund. I am at a standstill with these labels. Onlinelabels what do I do? I was using the program Gimp. Id rather not spend even more time trying to make a label in the case that it may not even work. Thank you
#6 Posted : 7/9/2017 10:19:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fudjiecakebrowny Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I bought the labels ol350. the 2.5 labels. The template DOES NOT match the labels. I spent two hours editing and making labels and saved them as pdf. This is not a printer issue. Many people are having troubles with the label not matching the template. I'm very frustrated because I'm not even sure what to do now. These labels are a big part of my new business and I might have to go to another company and get a refund. I am at a standstill with these labels. Onlinelabels what do I do? I was using the program Gimp. Id rather not spend even more time trying to make a label in the case that it may not even work. Thank you

Sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Can you confirm the template and software that you are trying to use to print onto the labels? I am not familiar with Gimp as a label software program. I believe that program does image creation & manipulation, but I haven't heard it used as a label software program before. Can you provide more details?

I highly recommend that you use our Maestro Label Designer software to format / print on the labels. You received a free activation code when you placed your order (check your packing list or email order confirmation to get the activation code). You can launch the software at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

I am happy to continue troubleshooting the issue. I'm sure we can help resolve the issue once we have more details.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 7/9/2017 10:27:51 AM(EST)
fudjiecakebrowny

United States

Why would it matter what program I am using if I am using the template ? The template should work with the labels no matter what program I use. Other people have had this issue even while using Maestro. Just curious. I am using the template for ol350wx 2.5".
#8 Posted : 7/9/2017 11:25:03 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: fudjiecakebrowny Go to Quoted Post
Why would it matter what program I am using if I am using the template ? The template should work with the labels no matter what program I use. Other people have had this issue even while using Maestro. Just curious. I am using the template for ol350wx 2.5".

To help troubleshoot the issue, I have to understand the exact process you are doing to print onto the labels. We have a variety of templates that are downloadable for that item. The templates we have available are made to be used with specific programs in most cases. Which of our templates did you download (PDF, Microsoft Word, etc.) and what program are you using to print onto the labels?

Alignment issues can happen in any software as there are a variety of factors at play well beyond the template itself. When users have issues with Maestro Label Designer it is easier for us to review / troubleshoot the issue because we are able to review the design and see exactly what the person is designing/printing. Here is a guide that has some good tips in regards to alignment.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide.htm

Let me know additional details and I can try to help.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#9 Posted : 8/3/2017 3:27:22 PM(EST)
JS

I have the same issues and I do use the maestro program. Every one of my labels are off. I have done the alignments, I have tried on multiple computers and printers, I have done on both Firefox and Internet Explorer, I have converted to PDF files and printed from Adobe......everything comes out off. I used to have no issues before you changed your software....now I cant get anything to work right. I am pulling out my hair as well.
#10 Posted : 8/3/2017 4:31:33 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: JS Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issues and I do use the maestro program. Every one of my labels are off. I have done the alignments, I have tried on multiple computers and printers, I have done on both Firefox and Internet Explorer, I have converted to PDF files and printed from Adobe......everything comes out off. I used to have no issues before you changed your software....now I cant get anything to work right. I am pulling out my hair as well.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing. I am confident that we can help troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

I will need to get some more details from you in order to get a further understanding of the issue. What is the specific label configuration that you are trying to format (product code)?
Can you provide some more specific details on how it is off? How much is it off and in what direction? Is everything off in the same direction?

Also, here are some critical items that we think are very important when it comes to getting your labels formatted to print correctly.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/AlignmentGuide/Alignment-Guide.aspx

The design functionality and PDF generation functionality of the new version of Maestro Label Designer is the same as the old version. The only real difference is the interface went through an overhaul. The new version handles the PDF save / pop-up functionality a little different than before. In some browsers that can impact the PDF viewer that your computer uses to display the printable PDF file. The most common issue I see is that the user is pulling up the generated PDF file in a PDF viewer that doesn't allow page scaling to be disabled (viewer currently built into Microsoft's Edge browser for example). In these situations, I recommend saving the PDF file to your local computer and then opening / printing with Adobe Acrobat Reader with page scaling disabled.

Let me know some more details and we can continue troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com