Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/21/2018 10:48:56 PM(EST)
phamcaraveo

United States

Hi all!

I was just wondering if there is any way to create a label design template and then have apply to the whole sheet, but then each label will have different text from the others? I know that with Avery, you have the option to apply the design template to the whole page and then bed able to go back to edit individual label text without messing up the basic design that I want.
#2 Posted : 5/22/2018 11:23:51 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. While there isn't currently a way to apply a design template to the entire sheet and then manually edit the content of each label, there are a couple of workarounds that may help.

If you're working with a small number of labels per sheet, using the "Multi Design" tool within Maestro Label Designer to create a new design for each label on the page would allow you to create a basic design template and then manually copy and paste to each of the labels on the page. Once the design template has been pasted into each cell, you would then have the ability to go back into each label and manually add and format the text on a per label basis. You can view more information on using the "Multi Design" tool within Maestro Label Designer at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...ed/Multiple-Partial.aspx

If you're working with a large number of labels per sheet you may want to consider using the mail merge functionality within Maestro Label Designer. This would allow you to design a single label and then add your text or variable information by importing from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or .csv file. It's important to note that you'll be limited to using the internal fonts within Maestro Label Designer when setting up a mail merge, but there is a wide variety to choose from at this point. You can view a tutorial on setting up a mail merge within Maestro Label Designer at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...ge/Mail-Merge-Guide.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 1/2/2024 7:14:33 PM(EST)
Abbey

Thank you for asking this! I have been both on the phone and the online chat to figure out how to do this same thing. The first confusing thing was not realizing that I had to be in Maestro, not just onlineslabels.com to create the labels. Next challenge, was how to use an established design for the entire sheet, but have the text in each label changed to reflect my needs. Neither the phone support or the online chat accomplished this for me. Your post, and the response seems to be my best chance of accomplishing what I think we are both trying to do. Microsoft Word is extremely easy to use when you are trying to create a full sheet of labels with different wording, and also the ability to print out one label at a time from a full sheet with different text. Maestro is not user friendly in my eyes, although they offer a wide variety of beautiful templates. I'm not sure if I'll be successful in my attempts with Maestro. I've wasted lots of hours already.
#4 Posted : 1/3/2024 8:43:11 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties designing your labels. It can take some time to become familiar with a new design software, especially if you're used to using Microsoft Word. Maestro Label Designer does offer some advanced features that Word may not have, such as the ability to create multi-design sheets and more complex designs. However, I understand that it can be overwhelming at first.

If you're looking to have different text on each label using an established design, Maestro Label Designer's Multi Design feature should be able to help you achieve that. You can import your existing design and make changes to the text for each label. I recommend following the tutorial provided in the previous response to set up your template, then follow the tutorial below to import an existing design. To duplicate the design for each variation, you can use the copy-and-paste tools so you can just edit the text without needing to redesign each label.

www.onlinelabels.com/articles/how-to-import-saved-designs-onto-new-label

If you have a specific design in mind that you're trying to achieve, I would be happy to assist you further. Please let me know the details of what you're trying to do, and I'll do my best to provide step-by-step instructions. We can also walk you through each step over the phone if that is easier.