Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/21/2018 10:48:56 PM(EST)
phamcaraveo

United States

Hi all!

I was just wondering if there is any way to create a label design template and then have apply to the whole sheet, but then each label will have different text from the others? I know that with Avery, you have the option to apply the design template to the whole page and then bed able to go back to edit individual label text without messing up the basic design that I want.
#2 Posted : 5/22/2018 11:23:51 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. While there isn't currently a way to apply a design template to the entire sheet and then manually edit the content of each label, there are a couple of workarounds that may help.

If you're working with a small number of labels per sheet, using the "Multi Design" tool within Maestro Label Designer to create a new design for each label on the page would allow you to create a basic design template and then manually copy and paste to each of the labels on the page. Once the design template has been pasted into each cell, you would then have the ability to go back into each label and manually add and format the text on a per label basis. You can view more information on using the "Multi Design" tool within Maestro Label Designer at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/GettingStarted/Multiple-Partial.aspx

If you're working with a large number of labels per sheet you may want to consider using the mail merge functionality within Maestro Label Designer. This would allow you to design a single label and then add your text or variable information by importing from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or .csv file. It's important to note that you'll be limited to using the internal fonts within Maestro Label Designer when setting up a mail merge, but there is a wide variety to choose from at this point. You can view a tutorial on setting up a mail merge within Maestro Label Designer at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/MailMerge/Mail-Merge-Guide.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.