Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/10/2018 4:44:16 PM(EST)
Shaman

United States

This is the first time I've tried printing on weatherproof labels, and they will not feed through my printer. If I keep trying to feed the labels again and again, eventually one sheet might print. I've changed the settings from labels, to glossy paper, and it doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:45:35 PM(EST)  | Reason: misspelled word

#2 Posted : 7/11/2018 6:16:29 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Can you provide some additional details? What is the model number and brand of printer that you are using? Do you have multiple trays in the printer? Have you tried each of the trays? Is it jamming once it pulls in the label sheet or is it having issues grabbing the sheets?

I see you purchased a variety of items in the white weatherproof polyester material for laser printing. Is the issue happening on all the items or does it seem to impact only certain label configurations?

Let us know and we can work with you to attempt to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 7/11/2018 7:15:16 PM(EST)
Shaman

United States

Thank you for offering help so quickly!

My printer is a Brother, model HL-L8350CDW. It has one bulk tray, and one manual tray. I feed labels using the manual tray. I haven't tried to use the bulk tray on these, since I tried to print previous labels that way and it wouldn't work.

It jams immediately when trying to grab the sheet in to the manual feeder.

I've only tried printing on 3 of the different labels, and it happens the same on all.

Again, thank you!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:15:55 PM(EST)  | Reason: misspelled word

#4 Posted : 7/12/2018 9:42:54 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for getting back to us with additional details. I've used our weatherproof polyester material extensively with the Brother HL-3170CW and the Brother MFC-9130CDW. Both printers should function very similarly to the Brother HL-L8350CDW that you're currently using.

In my experience, Brother laser printers have a tendency to be somewhat finicky with how they handle and feed film based label materials. After some experimentation I was able to pinpoint printer settings that resulted in excellent print results and minimal feed errors when using the weatherproof polyester laser material.

I received my best results when loading the label material into the drawer tray and using the "Glossy Paper" material setting. This allowed me run batched jobs where I was able to print multiple sheets at once without printer jams or feed errors.

Alternatively, you can use the manual feed tray and the "Label" material setting. I found that when using the manual feed tray with my two Brother laser printers I had to manually feed the sheets one at a time. Attempting to load more than one sheet into the manual feed tray did routinely result in printer feed errors, but when manually feeding the label sheets one at a time I received excellent results without constantly running into paper jams.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#5 Posted : 7/12/2018 11:36:23 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Something else that can potentially help with printer jam errors that occur prior to the sheets feeding into the printer is cleaning the pick-up rollers. I've linked to the user manual for the Brother HL-L8350CDW below:

http://download.brother....cv_hl8250cdn_use_usr.pdf

Detailed instructions on cleaning the pick-up rollers can be found on page 164 of the user manual.

Regularly cleaning the pick-up rollers can definitely impact the way sheets feed through your printer in a very positive way.
#6 Posted : 7/12/2018 4:37:06 PM(EST)
Shaman

United States

Thanks so much for all your helpful tips! I tried cleaning the pick-up rollers and that had no impact on the problem, but putting the labels in the drawer tray and changing the type to glossy paper, and it works great. I've tried printing on two different label configurations, and it worked great for both. I'll let you know if I have continued problems with the rest of the labels.

Thank you so much for your awesome customer service!
#7 Posted : 6/10/2021 4:47:37 PM(EST)
InjnTrails

United States

I am having this problem too. I was able to successfully print about 600 labels, now they consistently jam.

I am using:
OL8500WJ
Weatherproof Matte for inkjet
7" x 1" RC - 10 Labels/Sheet

on this printer:
Brother MFC-J6920DW

The only media options I have are:
Plain Paper
Inkjet Paper
Brother BP71 Photo Paper
Brother BP60 Matte Paper
Other Photo Paper
Transparencies

I don't see an actual "label" option. I have not been able to print anymore labels.
#8 Posted : 6/11/2021 11:43:36 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: InjnTrails Go to Quoted Post
I am having this problem too. I was able to successfully print about 600 labels, now they consistently jam.

I am using:
OL8500WJ
Weatherproof Matte for inkjet
7" x 1" RC - 10 Labels/Sheet

on this printer:
Brother MFC-J6920DW

The only media options I have are:
Plain Paper
Inkjet Paper
Brother BP71 Photo Paper
Brother BP60 Matte Paper
Other Photo Paper
Transparencies

I don't see an actual "label" option. I have not been able to print anymore labels.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to assist however I can. Most desktop inkjet printers don't have a dedicated "Labels" option for material type settings. Of the options you listed, the "Other Photo Paper" option would definitely be the most appropriate for our weatherproof matte inkjet material.

I was able to locate the user's manual for your specific printer model, and it indicates that issues with material feed and printer jams can usually be resolved by cleaning the paper feed rollers and the paper pick-up rollers inside the printer. These rollers have a tendency to accumulate excess ink, dust and paper debris over time which can affect the way material is fed through the printer. Since the material was working previously before the jamming began to occur, cleaning these rollers should help resolve the issue. I've provided a link to the advanced user's guide for your printer model at the link below:

https://download.brother.com/welcome/doc100385/cv_mfc6920dw_use_ausr_a.pdf

You'll find specific instructions for cleaning the paper feed rollers and paper pick-up rollers on pages 81-83 of the manual.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.