Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/26/2018 6:52:26 PM(EST)
KHud

United States

Hello, I would like to use Microsoft Word to print address labels. Where can I find a Microsoft Word template for the 2.83333" x 1.375" white labels?

Thank you!
#2 Posted : 12/27/2018 5:58:49 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
You can download all our available templates (including Microsoft Word templates) for item OL870 (2.83" x 1.375" labels) at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/templates/OL870-template.htm

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: KHud
#3 Posted : 1/29/2019 6:45:39 PM(EST)
Rita Bee

United States

Having same trouble as others re: outline around each label prints and I can't remove it whether I'm using my Mac or PC.

Prefer to use my Mac - can you send me a template for OL421 label such that the border lines don't print?

Am using Microsoft Word for Mac Vsn 16.6.6

or

My PC is using Microsoft Word 2007.

Thx in advance.
#4 Posted : 1/30/2019 10:28:46 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rita Bee Go to Quoted Post
Having same trouble as others re: outline around each label prints and I can't remove it whether I'm using my Mac or PC.

Prefer to use my Mac - can you send me a template for OL421 label such that the border lines don't print?

Am using Microsoft Word for Mac Vsn 16.6.6

or

My PC is using Microsoft Word 2007.

Thx in advance.

Those border lines are typically not visible when printing, but we have seen instances with certain versions of Microsoft Word for Mac that visibly print the border lines anyways. I've created a new Microsoft Word template for our product OL421 without the visible border lines. You'll still be able to see the grid lines so that you know where to place your label designs, but they will not be visible when printing.

The updated template is attached. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
File Attachment(s):
OL421.doc (33kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#5 Posted : 2/1/2019 8:17:46 AM(EST)
Rita Bee

United States

Thank you. FYI: New template doesn't work on my Mac but does on my old PC.
#6 Posted : 2/1/2019 9:35:02 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Rita Bee Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. FYI: New template doesn't work on my Mac but does on my old PC.

What happens when you open the document in Microsoft Word on your Mac? Does it open as a blank Word document with no visible grid lines? If that's the case, you'd likely just need to find the "View Gridlines" option to enable the gridlines and make them visible.

There should be a tab titled "Layout" in the menu bar within Microsoft Word. When you click on the "Layout" tab you should see a setting titled "View Gridlines". Clicking on "View Gridlines" will make the table gridlines visible on the template document within Microsoft Word.
#7 Posted : 2/1/2019 10:54:57 AM(EST)
Rita Bee

United States

On my Mac - I see the gridlines (thanks for the tip) but the template opens as a two page document (portrait) with 3 columns & 4 rows on page 1 and 3 columns of 1 row on page 2. Played with margins a little to get 15 labels on one page but no effect.

Totally different from what opens on my PC. PC document opened well but it's not my primary computer for the future.

I'm willing to work with you to get this fixed as I have other labels like OL5375 2" circles that do not work on my Mac either. (Let's save that for another post.)

;-)

r
#8 Posted : 2/1/2019 1:58:42 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Rita Bee -

Since the template opens properly within Microsoft Word on your PC there has to be something specific about the settings within the Mac version of Word that is causing the template to split itself onto two pages. I was looking around Microsoft's support forums to see if I could find anyone that was experiencing a similar issue within Word for Mac.I was able to locate a thread where a user reported a similar issue. They claimed to have resolved the issue by following the steps listed below:

- Click on "File" and then select "Page Setup"
- When the "Page Setup" dialog box appears it should be set to "Page Attributes". If "Page Attributes" is not selected, please choose "Page Attributes" from the drop down menu near the top of the "Page Setup" dialog box.
- Once you've confirmed that "Page Attributes" is selected look for the option titled "Format For" and then select "Any Printer"
- Proceed to print your document

I can't say for certain if this will resolve your problem as I haven't been able to replicate the issue myself, but it seems to have resolved similar issues for other users of Microsoft Word on Mac.

If the steps listed above don't resolve the issue, you may want to consider trying our label design program, Maestro Label Designer. This program is built to work specifically with all of our label configurations and has templates for each of our items included. We provide Maestro Label Designer for free with any order placed at OnlineLabels.com. You can view more information about the program at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...abel-design-software.htm

It's important to note that you'll have a much easier time designing round labels using Maestro Label Designer when compared to Microsoft Word. Word is not built to handle or display rounded gridlines, so you would be designing into square gridlines for rounded labels. It works well enough for simple text-based labels, but anything with graphics may prove tricky to align perfectly. Maestro Label Designer will provide a true circular area for you to design into, as well as tools that make working with graphics and images considerably easier when compared to Word.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#9 Posted : 2/2/2019 11:18:30 AM(EST)
Rita Bee

United States

Oh, Yeah! Maestro is the way to go! I fiddled 5 more minutes with my Word for Mac software and turned to Maestro because of the tips you gave me re: Adobe Reader. I'm unsure why I gave up on Maestro in the past (3-4 years ago) but I bet it was due to printing the final product. Perhaps Maestro has become more perfected or my skills matured, who knows ...

Anyway, long story short, I was able to add an image to my label, added verbiage in white so it would show up against the image and printed it using Adobe Reader as you advised. That's the way I'm going.

End of story! Thank you for taking the time to go back and forth with suggestions.

;-)

r
#10 Posted : 2/4/2019 10:33:31 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'm very happy to hear that Maestro Label Designer is working well for you. We've made a number of additions and improvements to the software over the years in hopes of making it easier for our customers to use.

If you have any questions while using Maestro Label Designer please just let us know. Thank you for your business!
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Rita Bee
#11 Posted : 3/16/2019 2:39:07 PM(EST)
Envelopes

United States

Hello -- The Online Labels templates listed always work for us in Word. Really appreciate the Maestro Label Designer also.