Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 9/20/2018 11:04:23 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leah Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issue with OL143WS. I have tried several different ways of removing borders, all of which show "no border" - and yet the borders print. What was the solution? Is there an Avery equivalent template?

Our product OL143WS is a custom sized item that does not have an Avery equivalent. The only template currently available for this product on our website is a PDF template for use in graphic design programs like Adobe Illustrator. Which program are you currently using to open and edit the PDF template? I know that the outlines on our PDF templates can be manually deleted in Adobe Illustrator, but it's possible that some PDF editing programs may not be able to delete or hide the outlines.

We could potentially generate a template for this item in Microsoft Word if that would be helpful for you. Because Microsoft Word only allows for rectangular grid lines these templates are best suited for designs that feature basic text or very simple graphics. If you'd like for us to generate a Microsoft Word template please just let us know.

We also provide free access to our label design software, Maestro Label Designer, with any order placed. This program will allow for greater flexibility if you need a more advanced design than what Microsoft Word allows for. You can learn more about Maestro Label Designer and access the free trial along with the template for OL143WS by visiting the link below:

https://maestro.onlinela...om/designer/maestro.aspx

I hope this information helps you resolve the issue. If you need any additional details or if you'd like a Microsoft Word template please just let us know.
#22 Posted : 5/21/2019 3:36:24 PM(EST)
Anne-Marie

United States

I am also a Mac user and have not figured out how to remove the template lines so they don't print..... someone please help!
#23 Posted : 5/21/2019 4:30:46 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Anne-Marie Go to Quoted Post
I am also a Mac user and have not figured out how to remove the template lines so they don't print..... someone please help!

The template lines should be invisible when printing, but it's possible that certain versions of Microsoft Word may still display the outlines on printed sheets.

Most versions of Microsoft Word allow you to manually delete the template lines before printing your labels. Once you've finished designing your labels click to the left of the word document, just outside of the page. You should see every label outline highlighted at the same time. One they're highlighted, simply press the delete key on your keyboard. All of your text and artwork should still be present but the outlines will be deleted, allowing you to print your document without the visible outlines. Before attempting this method, please make sure to save your fully designed template just in case you accidentally delete any of your design elements.

Alternatively, I can create a new template for you without the outlines. If you'd like the new template please just let me know which item number you're using and I'll be happy to put it together for you.

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information at this time.
#24 Posted : 6/18/2019 9:14:54 PM(EST)
wordtoword

I may be able to shed some light on this. I downloaded one of the Avery labels on Word for Mac 2011. It worked as advertised - the gridlines were on the screen but did not print. However, when I upgraded Word - to the very latest Mac edition - the gridlines suddenly started printing, with no way to shut them off. If you toggle the "turn gridlines on/off" setting, all that happens is NEW gridlines turn on and off. The ones initially visible don't disappear.

This seems to be occurring across all labels. These labels need to be upgraded basically.
#25 Posted : 6/20/2019 9:11:03 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: wordtoword Go to Quoted Post
I may be able to shed some light on this. I downloaded one of the Avery labels on Word for Mac 2011. It worked as advertised - the gridlines were on the screen but did not print. However, when I upgraded Word - to the very latest Mac edition - the gridlines suddenly started printing, with no way to shut them off. If you toggle the "turn gridlines on/off" setting, all that happens is NEW gridlines turn on and off. The ones initially visible don't disappear.

This seems to be occurring across all labels. These labels need to be upgraded basically.

Thank you for your feedback. I've passed this information along to our marketing and software development teams for evaluation. We'll definitely look into providing better solutions and templates for Mac users that are using our Microsoft Word templates.
#26 Posted : 7/4/2019 1:39:48 AM(EST)
Donna King

Malta

Hi I download template for OL1735FO I am using PDF-Xchange Editor and when I print the outline of the labels show how can I remove the outline of each label?

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:43:42 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : 7/5/2019 10:36:43 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Donna King Go to Quoted Post
Hi I download template for OL1735FO I am using PDF-Xchange Editor and when I print the outline of the labels show how can I remove the outline of each label?

Donna,
I am not familiar with PDF-Xchange Editor. I did a quick look up of that software and it appears to be a program that generates and converts PDF files. I see it does allow editing of text and objects in PDF document, but I am not sure how to remove vector objects like the label outlines and I don't see any specific instructions on their website. I would recommend that you reach out to their PDF-Xchange Editor support and send them a copy of the file to see if they have any recommendations since this is not a software that we are able to support.

Have you checked out our web-based label design software, Maestro Label Designer? Maestro Label Designer outputs a PDF file and the file that it outputs does not have the die outlines. You should be able to use that software to design and print onto our labels. You can check it out at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

Let us know if we can provide any additional help.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
2 Pages«12