Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/5/2017 5:36:43 PM(EST)
homespundeb

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am using the full sheet kraft labels for my jars and bottles. I have found that they are peeling up on the ends. I wipe my jars and bottles down with alcohol before applying the labels. I have also added an over lap, thinking maybe it would adhere better to itself. In both cases, the labels are peeling up on the short ends. Any advice?
 1 user thanked homespundeb for this useful post: capecandle
#2 Posted : 4/6/2017 9:56:38 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

What is the circumference of the jars and bottles that you're seeing the labels lift from? Some label materials may have trouble adhering to tightly curved containers. You could try increasing the amount of overlap - more surface area should allow for stronger adhesion.

If you try allowing for more surface area and are still having issues you may need to use a label with a stronger adhesive. Unfortunately, we don't have a brown kraft material with a more aggressive adhesive at this time - we do offer an aggressive white matte, as well as a variety of weatherproof materials, that should adhere better to tightly curved areas. If you would like to try samples of any of these products I'd be happy to have them sent out for you this afternoon.

#3 Posted : 4/16/2017 4:14:51 PM(EST)
DCBotanicals

United States

Good To know!
#4 Posted : 4/11/2019 11:33:34 PM(EST)
lesliekpearson

United States

I’m having the same issue with all of the Kraft brown labels! Ugh it’s so frustrating because no matter what I try them on the edges just come up. I’ve tried on glass, plastic and even paper boxes and they are useless. I’ve spent a lot of money on them. I’ll never order them again. What a waste!!
 1 user thanked lesliekpearson for this useful post: capecandle
#5 Posted : 4/12/2019 8:36:10 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: lesliekpearson Go to Quoted Post
I’m having the same issue with all of the Kraft brown labels! Ugh it’s so frustrating because no matter what I try them on the edges just come up. I’ve tried on glass, plastic and even paper boxes and they are useless. I’ve spent a lot of money on them. I’ll never order them again. What a waste!!

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. This thread was originally opened back in April of 2017. At that point we were using a totally different Brown Kraft material that we ultimately moved away from due to adhesive issues. We spent months thoroughly evaluating and testing new material and adhesive options in an effort to improve the problems that were being reported to us. In January of 2018 we launched a brand new Brown Kraft material that featured a much stronger adhesive. Since releasing the updated product we've seen a dramatic reduction in adhesive complaints.

I'm going to have one of our customer service representatives reach out to you to investigate the issues you're experiencing. They'll be able to look at your account and determine which versions of the Brown Kraft material you're using. If you're using the old material they'll be happy to assist you in testing the new stock. If you're already using the new stock they can work with you to potentially set up a return and refund for any unused blank material.
#6 Posted : 4/23/2019 9:19:14 AM(EST)
lesliekpearson

United States

Someone from onlinelabels contacted me via a phone call and said they would’ve sending replacement labels with the new adhesive but I have not received them. Can anyone check on this to make sure it has been expedited?
#7 Posted : 4/24/2019 10:50:05 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I have contacted our customer service manager to inquire about the action being taken on your account. It looks like they were waiting for some additional details from you in a support ticket response before proceeding with the product replacement. Someone will be reaching out to you this morning to make sure everything is handled properly.
#8 Posted : 9/15/2020 11:22:20 AM(EST)
capecandle

United States

It's now 2020 and the adhesion issue still hasn't been resolved. Labels are supposed to stick! Other label companies I use stick to glass no problem. I really wish you would stop using the excuse that it's new glue and that my jars are dirty. They're not. I expect labels to stick. Please make a stickier label!!!
#9 Posted : 9/15/2020 2:02:56 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: capecandle Go to Quoted Post
It's now 2020 and the adhesion issue still hasn't been resolved. Labels are supposed to stick! Other label companies I use stick to glass no problem. I really wish you would stop using the excuse that it's new glue and that my jars are dirty. They're not. I expect labels to stick. Please make a stickier label!!!

I’m sorry to hear about the adhesive problems you’ve encountered with our brown kraft label material. The majority of the community issues you’ve referenced were related to material produced before 2018. Prior to that we were using an entirely different brown kraft material that we wound up discontinuing entirely due to issues with poor adhesion. We spent months working with our suppliers to develop an entirely new brown kraft material that features a stronger general purpose adhesive. This material was application tested across a wide range of surfaces and containers, and we saw significant improvements to the adhesion across the board. Since the updated brown kraft material debuted in early 2018 we’ve seen a dramatic decrease in the complaints and returns associated with poor adhesive quality.

We do understand that issues can still arise. I’d recommend working directly with our customer service team to investigate your issue. They should be able to assist in determining whether the product you received is defective, or if it just isn’t a fit with your current application. If you find that you are unable to use the material we will be more than happy to assist you with setting up a return and receiving a refund for any unused material.

You can reach our customer service team by phone at 1-888-575-2235. You can submit a support ticket via the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

I apologize again for the issues you’ve encountered. Our customer service team will do whatever they can to assist you and work towards a solution.
#10 Posted : 12/5/2020 7:19:50 PM(EST)
Justin454545

I’m not sure what’s is the deal with these Kraft labels as well. I use different sizes on differently products and it doesn’t matter if it’s flat or curved. They are all lifting up, and yes I apply them correctly, clean my jars etc. I am a growing business and this is not looking very good for my wholesale customers. They purchase my candles because of the look so switching to a white label isn’t going to just solve the issue
#11 Posted : 12/7/2020 11:26:10 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Justin454545 Go to Quoted Post
I’m not sure what’s is the deal with these Kraft labels as well. I use different sizes on differently products and it doesn’t matter if it’s flat or curved. They are all lifting up, and yes I apply them correctly, clean my jars etc. I am a growing business and this is not looking very good for my wholesale customers. They purchase my candles because of the look so switching to a white label isn’t going to just solve the issue

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing with our brown kraft label material. Unfortunately, we don't offer a brown kraft material with a more aggressive adhesive at this time. As mentioned previously in this post, we moved to this updated brown kraft material a couple years back specifically to provide a stronger adhesive compared to what we offered previously. We evaluated a large number of different adhesive options at that time, testing their adhesion strength on a variety of different surfaces and container types. The product that we wound up approving performed very well throughout this testing process, and over the past two years we've seen far fewer adhesive related complaints submitted.

Despite the positive test results we do understand that certain label materials may not work perfectly with specific container types and surfaces. If you're unable to use the material we'll be happy to take back any unused product for a full refund. Please contact our customer service team if you'd like assistance in initiating a product return. You can reach them directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

We are continually working with our supply chain to provide the highest quality products that we can. If we find that we're able to further improve the brown kraft product in the future we will update this post with the details.