Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/2/2021 2:03:48 AM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

Anyone have the same issue? My recent orders from online labels wont work for foil anymore. The new labels have coating on top, but the old labels don't have coating.
#2 Posted : 4/2/2021 3:03:59 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I apologize for the issues that you've encountered. We'll be happy to investigate the material that you're experiencing issues with once the return package arrives at our facility. In the meantime, we have tested some stock that we have on hand in a couple of different foiling machines and confirmed that it's working correctly. Someone from our customer service team will reach out to you shortly about setting up a replacement order.
#3 Posted : 4/2/2021 9:41:22 PM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

Appreciate it.
#4 Posted : 4/23/2021 8:17:58 PM(EST)
Elva

Mexico

I'm having the same issue, all the foil is sticking to the paper even with no toner, i'm using the Minc foil which is supposed only activated by toner.
#5 Posted : 4/26/2021 10:16:41 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Elva Go to Quoted Post
I'm having the same issue, all the foil is sticking to the paper even with no toner, i'm using the Minc foil which is supposed only activated by toner.

We're currently investigating this issue. Please contact our customer service team with details about your order and the issues you're experiencing. They'll be happy to assist you with a refund or a replacement. You can reach our customer service team directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx
#6 Posted : 5/4/2021 7:18:08 PM(EST)
MrsDorsey214

United States

Unfortunately, I came across this forum discussion after I emailed customer service, just this morning. I received a blanket response from someone regarding this issue, specifically noting that OL cannot guarantee foiling output on their clear gloss labels because it is not recommended, even though it "sometimes works." However, OL posted a YouTube video on August 30, 2019 titled "How to Add Foil to Stickers and Labels Using a Minc, and during said video, clear gloss was one of the recommended products. And even here, Josh states "we have tested some stock that we have on hand in a couple of different foiling machines and confirmed that it's working correctly," and that was just a little over a month ago.

I've also noticed that "clear gloss is not recommended" has suddenly shown up on your foiling 101 article, but I'm 100% positive that wasn't there when I ordered it for the sole purpose of foiling clear gloss stickers.

Let's just be honest...for some reason, some how, directed by someone, this product has changed...it is INDEED and ABSOLUTELY different. We, the consumer, should have been informed PRIOR to the change. I have wasted a lot of time, patience, money and toner thinking this was some how my error and I just needed to figure it out.

Add Foil To Your Stickers

#7 Posted : 5/5/2021 10:09:27 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: MrsDorsey214 Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, I came across this forum discussion after I emailed customer service, just this morning. I received a blanket response from someone regarding this issue, specifically noting that OL cannot guarantee foiling output on their clear gloss labels because it is not recommended, even though it "sometimes works." However, OL posted a YouTube video on August 30, 2019 titled "How to Add Foil to Stickers and Labels Using a Minc, and during said video, clear gloss was one of the recommended products. And even here, Josh states "we have tested some stock that we have on hand in a couple of different foiling machines and confirmed that it's working correctly," and that was just a little over a month ago.

I've also noticed that "clear gloss is not recommended" has suddenly shown up on your foiling 101 article, but I'm 100% positive that wasn't there when I ordered it for the sole purpose of foiling clear gloss stickers.

Let's just be honest...for some reason, some how, directed by someone, this product has changed...it is INDEED and ABSOLUTELY different. We, the consumer, should have been informed PRIOR to the change. I have wasted a lot of time, patience, money and toner thinking this was some how my error and I just needed to figure it out.

Add Foil To Your Stickers

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced. I'd like to shed some light on the situation and the investigation that is currently ongoing regarding the issues that have been reported.

We've used the same supplier for the facestock on our clear gloss laser material for over seven years now. No change has been knowingly made to the facestock over that period of time. For years we sold the material as laser compatible only, as that was what our supplier guaranteed usage of the product for. Back in 2019, due to growing demand from our customers, we completed internal testing on a series of popular foiling machines and laminators. Despite foiling not being an officially supported use according to our supplier, we felt confident enough about the performance at the time to suggest the material for use in those foiling machines and laminators.

Recently, we have received similar feedback from a number of customers that are using the material for foiling purposes. We believe that the issue is likely isolated to a couple of batches of material that we received from our supplier back in February and March. Not all foiling customers are experiencing the issue, which is another reason we're led to believe that the issue is isolated. Customers who are only using the material for laser printing rather than foiling don't seem to be experiencing any issues at all.

We have forwarded all of this information along to our supplier. The investigation is ongoing, but progress is slow. We're working with them actively to try and understand whether this issue is truly isolated, or if we'll be unable to fully guarantee support for foiling applications in the future.

We completely understand the frustration you've experienced. I just wanted to take a moment to assure you that we did not make a change to this material knowingly. We're doing our best to understand and resolve issues as they are reported to us. I was able to locate your account in our system, and it looks like your order was from back in February. It's very likely that a replacement order will resolve your issue and if it doesn't, we'll be more than happy to pick up any unused material and offer a full refund. I'll have someone from our customer service team reach out to you today to assist.

I apologize again for the issues you've encountered. We truly appreciate your business and your patience in this matter.
#8 Posted : 5/25/2021 10:56:56 AM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

It's been a few weeks, do you guys know if this is just a few batches or it will be like that in the future? Is it safe to order now?
#9 Posted : 5/25/2021 11:17:05 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: amandajing1002 Go to Quoted Post
It's been a few weeks, do you guys know if this is just a few batches or it will be like that in the future? Is it safe to order now?

It seems like our conversation is being split across two different threads at this point. Please see the response posted earlier this morning in the other active thread:

https://forums.onlinelab...-gloss-laser-labels.aspx

As of right now, we believe that the issue was isolated to a couple batches of raw facestock material that we received earlier this year. Based on information that we've received from our supplier and internal testing completed in-house, newer batches of raw material should work better for foiling applications. Our supplier is still investigating the root cause of the original issue, but you should be safe to place orders in the meantime. If you ever run into any issues, our customer service team will be more than happy to assist.
#10 Posted : 5/25/2021 7:57:43 PM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

Thank you for the information.
#11 Posted : 6/10/2021 5:40:34 PM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

The 1.75X0.666" stickers I purchased from my recent order is still different from other sizes in the same order.
#12 Posted : 6/11/2021 9:40:35 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: amandajing1002 Go to Quoted Post
The 1.75X0.666" stickers I purchased from my recent order is still different from other sizes in the same order.

I was able to locate your order in our system and confirmed that the OL385CL you received was produced within the timeframe of the isolated material issue that affected some foiling applications. We have notes on your account to ship from newer production runs, but it looks like this one slipped through somehow. We'll be more than happy to pick up and replace the product in question. Please contact our customer service team for assistance. You can reach them by phone at 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

#13 Posted : 6/29/2021 12:44:07 PM(EST)
MrsDorsey214

United States

Sorry it took so long to post this, but I just wanted to make known that the replacement you sent me foils perfectly! It seems the issue was indeed a bad batch. Thank you so much!!!
#14 Posted : 6/29/2021 2:29:21 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: MrsDorsey214 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry it took so long to post this, but I just wanted to make known that the replacement you sent me foils perfectly! It seems the issue was indeed a bad batch. Thank you so much!!!

I'm very happy to hear that the replacements worked out well for you! Please just let us know if you need anything else.
#15 Posted : 11/16/2021 10:04:19 AM(EST)
ri372

Germany

I'm having the same issue, all the foil is sticking to the paper even with no toner, with the paper I bought. but the sample paper before I bought it foil perfectly. why is the sample paper and the paper I bought different results? and I have contacted customer service by email. but their answer is like this. really disappointing. because of this I have to cancel some of my sales.

custumer service online label said:

Our paper is designed for laser printing. Foiling is used by our customer but the product is not manufactured/described for foiling. Production changes in raw material can occur which may impact foiling but still be manufactured to industry specification for laser printing.

i'm really dispointed. buy for nothing
#16 Posted : 11/16/2021 10:43:13 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: ri372 Go to Quoted Post
I'm having the same issue, all the foil is sticking to the paper even with no toner, with the paper I bought. but the sample paper before I bought it foil perfectly. why is the sample paper and the paper I bought different results? and I have contacted customer service by email. but their answer is like this. really disappointing. because of this I have to cancel some of my sales.

custumer service online label said:

Our paper is designed for laser printing. Foiling is used by our customer but the product is not manufactured/described for foiling. Production changes in raw material can occur which may impact foiling but still be manufactured to industry specification for laser printing.

i'm really dispointed. buy for nothing

I'm very sorry for the confusion. It appears that you received samples from our US website, but ordered material from our UK website. Due to differences in the regional supply chains we offer different products in the UK than we do in the US, so the material that you received as samples is not the same as the material you purchased from Online Labels UK. Unfortunately, the clear gloss material available through Online Labels UK may not be ideal for foiling applications.

I've reached out to our UK support staff to contact you about assisting with a return and refund. If you'd like to order the same exact product that you received as samples, you'd need to place an order through the US site. I've provided a link to the product below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/ol177cl

I apologize again for any confusion. Please just let us know if you need any additional information.
#17 Posted : 3/25/2022 1:50:03 AM(EST)
Celeste

United States

I am having the same problem with foil not working on my online labels. I took it to a printer because I don’t have a laser printer and they printed out like 30 sheets or more and when I got back home I immediately put it through the mink foil machine and it is all blotchy even if I run it through three or four times! I can’t imagine how a professional printer laser doesn’t work. I ordered two more boxes of labels so now I’m really in a bad way since they are not working and I needed these for a show coming up in a week. Screwed I even took more labels back to the printer because I noticed there were some color on a logo so it wasn’t all black toner. Well we did three more sheets as a test and I drove back home once again and it still did not work. I have some Avery labels I’m going to try and if they work then I’m gonna be sending all these labels back to online labels. To be continued…
#18 Posted : 3/26/2022 8:17:08 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Celeste Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with foil not working on my online labels. I took it to a printer because I don’t have a laser printer and they printed out like 30 sheets or more and when I got back home I immediately put it through the mink foil machine and it is all blotchy even if I run it through three or four times! I can’t imagine how a professional printer laser doesn’t work. I ordered two more boxes of labels so now I’m really in a bad way since they are not working and I needed these for a show coming up in a week. Screwed I even took more labels back to the printer because I noticed there were some color on a logo so it wasn’t all black toner. Well we did three more sheets as a test and I drove back home once again and it still did not work. I have some Avery labels I’m going to try and if they work then I’m gonna be sending all these labels back to online labels. To be continued…

Celeste - Is this related to our clear gloss laser printer labels? I tried looking your orders up in our system, but I didn't see any orders for our clear gloss laser material in your order history (your order history associated with this forum ID). We will need to get some additional details including the order numbers so we can review the lot numbers on the product.

Can you reach out to our customer service team with more specific information including the order numbers so we can review the materials in question? You can contact customer service at the link below.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#19 Posted : 4/9/2024 5:48:37 AM(EST)
louise121980

United Kingdom

I know this is an old thread, but this problem is still ongoing, batches of clear labels are different. I'm now unable to fulfill my orders as a recent batch of clear rectangle stickers do not foil at all. Wasted time and money, so tired of this!
#20 Posted : 4/9/2024 8:23:47 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Louise, I apologize for the inconsistency in the quality you have experienced. I understand that you purchased from our U.K. site and I would like to let you know that the label stock provided by our U.K. division is not made from the same raw materials that we have tested here in the U.S. The U.K. label stock,Gloss Clear Laser (CL), is designed specifically for printing with laser printers and is not recommended for foiling purposes.

I have already reached out to our U.K. division's Customer Support Team to see if any recommendations are available. You can also contact our U.K. team by submitting a support ticket here.