Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/13/2022 3:50:27 AM(EST)
rg190

Hello, is it possible for Maestro Label Designer to support accents in fonts ?
For example, the Czech language uses accent for letters (ř,č,š,ě, etc.) When I create a label and I write such a letter with a hook, a comma, it does not appear correctly.

I have already written to support but so far no change.
I have installed an add-on for Google Chrome browser (an add-on that retrieves custom fonts from the computer
(Maestro Label Designer Font Finder) .
My fonts from my computer it loads but as I wrote above...
some letters are still displayed wrong. I also tried another browser - Edge, I use Windows 11 but the same problem was also on Windows 10.
I also tried to work on Mac but without result, the same problem everywhere.

Here is a photo of the problem,i use a font from Google Fonts - Open Sans.

From Maestro Label Designer (bad font accent display)

From Adobe Illustrator (correct font accent display)

Thank you very much for your help, also in the future I would like to be able to insert directly into the editor images in .svg format (each image now I have to laboriously convert to pdf and insert it into the editor.
#2 Posted : 1/13/2022 11:04:01 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Maestro Label Designer wasn't designed to support a wide range of international characters. All of the fonts that are being rendered by the program itself will likely face limitations with extended characters for other languages, so they may not display correctly.

For locally installed fonts, the way the characters display will be dependent upon the specific font. In this case, Open Sans is actually offered within Maestro Label Designer. Even though you've imported the font using the Maestro Font Finder plugin, the program is defaulting to the version of Open Sans included with the program, which lacks full support for the international characters. I've passed this information along to the development team, but I have been informed that there is no quick fix for this issue just due to the way the program is rendering the included fonts.

If you're not able to find another local font that displays the characters correctly, one possible work around would be to create the desired text in another program and then export that text as an image that can be uploaded into Maestro Label Designer.

I've also passed your request along for .svg file compatibility. I don't have an estimate on when something like that could be implemented, but we are constantly working to improve and add new features to Maestro Labe Designer. If we're able to add support for .svg files in the future, I'll be sure to update this post with that information.
#3 Posted : 1/14/2022 1:16:39 AM(EST)
rg190

Thanks you very much !
#4 Posted : 2/16/2022 3:30:06 AM(EST)
rg190

Hi, has anything changed in two months? I tried today and it still doesn't work. Should I count on some change or find an alternative instead ? Thanks
#5 Posted : 2/16/2022 8:44:36 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rg190 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, has anything changed in two months? I tried today and it still doesn't work. Should I count on some change or find an alternative instead ? Thanks

Thanks for checking back in. Unfortunately, there isn't a firm timeframe as to when this functionality may be added to Maestro Label Designer. If you're in immediate need of the accented international font support you'll likely need to look for an alternative method at this time. If anything changes regarding this functionality I'll be sure to update this post with any pertinent information.
#6 Posted : 3/25/2022 10:52:06 AM(EST)
rg190

Thank you.