Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 12/6/2018 4:11:52 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: artalacarte Go to Quoted Post
I purchased the weatherproof gloss inkjet labels. Even after drying for a couple of weeks, the ink comes off when wiped. I set my printer (Canon MX 890) on glossy paper, printed again and the same thing happens. Any suggestions? Thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue and I'll be happy to assist however I can. I was able to locate the printer manual for the Canon PIXMA MX890 online and there are a few settings you can try adjusting that may help resolve the issue.

You mentioned adjusting the media type setting to glossy paper, but if you're not getting good results with the setting that you're currently using you may need to try some of the other available options. Looking at the media type options in the printer manual the best choices are listed below. I don't have access to the Canon PIXMA MX890, but when printing with my Canon PIXMA TS9120 I tend to achieve the best results with the weatherproof gloss inkjet material when using Glossy Photo Paper or Matte Photo Paper.

- Glossy Photo Paper
- Matte Photo Paper
- Photo Paper Pro Platinum
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss

The print quality setting can make an impact on smearing issues as well. You'd definitely want to avoid the High quality option, as that option may output too much ink onto the page and potentially cause over-saturation. If you're seeing the smearing occur when using the Standard quality setting try moving down to Fast. There's also a Custom quality option that lets you fine tune the quality setting using a slider bar to select print quality levels between their basic quality options.

Some trial and error may be necessary to dial in the best settings to use to achieve a high quality print that's durable. If you need some additional sheets to test with please just let me know and I'll be happy to have some sample material sent out for you right away.
#22 Posted : 12/6/2018 4:51:25 PM(EST)
artalacarte

United States

Hi Josh,

I had to do a lot of testing to find the right settings. It seems to finally be fine. I think there was too much ink with the regular settings applied. Yes please some extra sheets would be much appreciated as I went through most of the ones I bought.
#23 Posted : 12/7/2018 7:57:07 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'm happy to hear you were able to find a solution to your issue. I'll have some replacement sheets sent out for you this afternoon. Please just let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you so much for you business!
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: artalacarte
#24 Posted : 1/27/2022 8:36:25 AM(EST)
Lsearl23

United States

I ordered the weathered gloss labels and it smears as well. My printer is Cannon TS3300. Any suggestions on what to do bc I have an event coming up and need this resolved as soon as possible.
#25 Posted : 1/27/2022 9:54:37 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Lsearl23 Go to Quoted Post
I ordered the weathered gloss labels and it smears as well. My printer is Cannon TS3300. Any suggestions on what to do bc I have an event coming up and need this resolved as soon as possible.

I'm sorry to hear about the smearing issue that you've encountered. I haven't had a chance to use the TS3300 model, but I do have a couple similar Canon inkjet printer models that I've tested with our weatherproof gloss inkjet material.

Canon inkjet printers are set as default to print on plain white copy paper. Adjusting to a photo paper setting should provide much better results with the weatherproof gloss material. I've had a ton of success using the Glossy Photo Paper setting with both my TS6420 and TS9120 models. This setting should provide excellent print results that dry much quicker and hold up very well to direct contact with moisture.

If you're still experiencing any smearing after making the adjustment to a photo paper option, it may be that the face of the sheet is over-saturated with ink. You can reduce the print quality setting to potentially resolve that type of issue. When using the Glossy Photo Paper setting on my printers, I've found that the Best quality setting is overkill and may result in over-saturation. I've had the most success using the Glossy Photo Paper setting with the Standard or Normal quality setting.

I hope this helps. Please just let me know if you need any additional information.
#26 Posted : 3/15/2022 9:07:55 PM(EST)
wildroots

United States

Hello. I am having the same problem on my new Canon Pixma MG3600. The labels look great but the black smears when it is rubbed after printing. The colored ink is not rubbing. This is only occuring on OL350 weatherproof gloss labels. I am trying to use my printer from my chrome OS tablet. I cannot find anywhere on the tablet that allows me to pick a different material type, such as gloss. Could you advise please? Thank you so much.

Tiffany
#27 Posted : 3/16/2022 10:19:05 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: wildroots Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I am having the same problem on my new Canon Pixma MG3600. The labels look great but the black smears when it is rubbed after printing. The colored ink is not rubbing. This is only occuring on OL350 weatherproof gloss labels. I am trying to use my printer from my chrome OS tablet. I cannot find anywhere on the tablet that allows me to pick a different material type, such as gloss. Could you advise please? Thank you so much.

Tiffany

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. The paper type is almost certainly the issue here. Most desktop inkjet printers are set as default to print on plain copy paper. Adjusting to a photo setting will typically resolve the type of issue you've encountered. I'm not familiar with Chrome OS, so I can't say for certain how the advanced settings are accessed, but the online manual for the Canon PIXMA MG3600 lists a variety of different photo settings:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MG3600%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_paper_type.html

Of the options listed on the page linked to above, the "Glossy Photo Paper" setting should provide the best results with our weatherproof glossy material. That's the setting that I use with the two Canon PIXMA printers I have access to, and I've always been very pleased with the print quality and durability.

I've been trying to find information online about advanced print settings, like choosing a different paper type, when using Chrome OS, but I'm not able to find any definitive answers. Your best bet may be to try contacting their support to get details on how to access the advanced settings referenced in the Canon manual linked to above.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#28 Posted : 3/22/2022 2:30:28 PM(EST)
wildroots

United States

Thank you for your help. I was able to change the setting on the printer and the labels turned out fantastic! For anyone following this thread with the same problem, make sure you check paper size as well. My canon Pixma automatically switched to a 4x6 print size once photo paper or gloss was chosen. You just need to hit the drop down and pick the correct size paper you are printing on. For my labels that was 8.5 x 11.

Thanks again online labels has great customer service and fantastic quality. Maestro software is way easier to use than Avery!
#29 Posted : 3/23/2022 9:02:06 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: wildroots Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your help. I was able to change the setting on the printer and the labels turned out fantastic! For anyone following this thread with the same problem, make sure you check paper size as well. My canon Pixma automatically switched to a 4x6 print size once photo paper or gloss was chosen. You just need to hit the drop down and pick the correct size paper you are printing on. For my labels that was 8.5 x 11.

Thanks again online labels has great customer service and fantastic quality. Maestro software is way easier to use than Avery!

I'm happy to hear that changing the paper type setting resolved your issue! And thank you for the tip regarding the default paper size when adjusting the paper type to a photo setting on your Canon PIXMA printer. That tip will surely come in handy for other users with similar printer models.

Please just let us know if any other questions come up!
2 Pages«12