Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/20/2017 10:51:23 AM(EST)
Mediolimon

Hi, I got the weatherproof polyester and clear gloss paper for laser a few months back. Have not used them yet because I am now looking for a new laser printer. Was considering getting the Brother HL-4570 but have seen mixed reviews about the Brother printers so I am open to any brand. Which printers would you recommend and what are their cons (if known). My budget is up to USD 300.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by user Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:52:57 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 7/20/2017 1:35:18 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry - I've always had a lot of success with the HP Color LaserJet series of printers. Most recently I've been using the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dn - it has consistently provided excellent printing results across a wide variety of our available label materials, including the Weatherproof Polyester and Clear Gloss Laser materials. It should be available within your stated budget as well.

I've used a few different Brother printers as well and my results have been mixed - the quality is generally good when the labels print properly, but I tend to experience more printer jam errors and feeding issues when using the Brother laser printers with these label materials.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional assistance please just let me know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Mediolimon
#3 Posted : 7/21/2017 2:53:47 AM(EST)
Mediolimon

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for your prompt response and recommendation. Regarding compatible toners, do you have any recommendation for the HP M452dn? Anything I should look for or avoid? Thanks again!
#4 Posted : 7/21/2017 8:30:41 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I've only used the official toner cartridges from HP - the print quality and durability have always been excellent. I would recommend sticking to the HP toner cartridges if possible. It's tempting to look for lower priced alternatives, but the HP toner cartridges will ensure a certain level of consistency and quality.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
#5 Posted : 7/25/2017 9:26:28 AM(EST)
Mediolimon

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for the advice. Really appreciate it. I am trying to get the printer and toner in France because I cannot get it where I live but the printer costs twice the price of the printer...

Would you mind recommending me two other printers that I could also look for?

Should I consider getting the injket labels instead and a laser printer? Gosh...

Thanks again!

Edited by user Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:54:02 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : 7/25/2017 11:11:31 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I just took a look at the available options on HP's French website:

http://store.hp.com/Fran...l=f&fc_ptyp_laserp=1

Any of the available HP LaserJet printer models should work very well with the label products you purchased. The HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw has received excellent feedback on the printer feedback surveys we send out to our customers:

http://store.hp.com/Fran...&opt=B19&sel=PRN

The toner for these printer models seem to be available through HP's French site as well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#7 Posted : 7/25/2017 11:55:04 AM(EST)
Mediolimon

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for the advice. Really appreciate it. I am trying to get the printer and toner in France because I cannot get it where I live but the printer costs twice the price of the printer...

Would you mind recommending me two other printers that I could also look for?

Should I consider getting the injket labels instead and a laser printer? Gosh...
#8 Posted : 7/25/2017 1:22:18 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Unfortunately, I don't any direct knowledge of the printer and toner market in France. All of the printer models I've used for testing purposes and the vast majority of the printer models that we've received survey responses for were purchased in the United States.

Some additional printer models with positive feedback from our customers are listed below:

Brother HL-5470DW
Xerox Phaser 6022
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251nw
HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451dn
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
Canon imageCLASS MF8280cw

It's important to note that I have not had the opportunity to use any of these printers myself, but they've all received positive reviews from multiple customers who have purchased labels from us in the past.

I hope this information helps with your purchasing decision.
#9 Posted : 8/1/2017 9:17:44 AM(EST)
Mediolimon

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for your detailed e-mail. Just one last question, have the users recommending those printers use them for the weatherproof poyester ad clear gloss paper labels?

Thanks again,
Jymdey
#10 Posted : 8/1/2017 10:07:16 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Yes, the printer models listed in my previous post have been reported as working well with both material types by users who completed our printer feedback surveys. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to use these printer models myself, but based on the feedback we have received they should meet your needs.

As with any printer model, try to avoid using refilled or recycled toner cartridges for the best results with our label materials.