Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages12»
#1 Posted : 12/2/2017 9:56:10 AM(EST)
K.Rivera

United States

Hello. I have Adobe Flash downloaded AND enabled (which is automatic in Windows 10) But Maestro keeps telling me that I don't have adobe flash player installed and I can't access some of my fonts. I am only having this issue with Maestro. Can someone please help?
#2 Posted : 12/2/2017 12:55:40 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: K.Rivera Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I have Adobe Flash downloaded AND enabled (which is automatic in Windows 10) But Maestro keeps telling me that I don't have adobe flash player installed and I can't access some of my fonts. I am only having this issue with Maestro. Can someone please help?

In order to access the fonts on your machine, you will need Adobe Flash enabled for our site. Adobe Flash may be installed on your computer, but it is likely disabled in your browser for our site. All the current browsers disable Flash by default and it must be enabled in order to work. Which browser are you using on your Windows 10 machine? The default browser on Windows 10 is normally Microsoft's Edge browser. Here are instructions on how to enable Flash with the Edge browser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html

If you are not using Edge and you are using another browser let us know which browser and I can send you instructions on how to enable Flash in your browser.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 2/17/2018 2:17:10 PM(EST)
Badger

using chrome and having the same issue flash is enabled as well
#4 Posted : 2/18/2018 10:58:44 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Badger Go to Quoted Post
using chrome and having the same issue flash is enabled as well

What happens when you run the test at the link below?

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/designer/maestro-requirements-checklist.aspx

If you are failing the Flash Player test, you may have Flash Player installed on your computer, but it may be disabled for our site in your Chrome browser.

To enable Flash for Maestro Label Designer in Chrome, open Chrome and type the following into your address bar.

chrome://settings/content

On the content settings screen, locate Flash player settings.Select Add under the Allow setting and add the following url.

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com

Once you have added https://maestro.onlinelabels.com to the approved site list, please go back to the page below and run the test again.

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/designer/maestro-requirements-checklist.aspx

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 6/9/2018 1:50:55 PM(EST)
SBO

United States

I'm sorry but I am having the same exact issue on both Chrome and Explorer. I have enabled Flash on your site. I added your website to the settings (even unblocked all other web sites), and I pass all the checks when I click the link for the Flash Player test. However, I cannot get Maestro to detect Flash and I would like to upload my font- but I keep getting an error message about Flash.

Edited by user Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:51:48 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : 6/9/2018 6:23:36 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: SBO Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry but I am having the same exact issue on both Chrome and Explorer. I have enabled Flash on your site. I added your website to the settings (even unblocked all other web sites), and I pass all the checks when I click the link for the Flash Player test. However, I cannot get Maestro to detect Flash and I would like to upload my font- but I keep getting an error message about Flash.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Can you provide me with the specific browser versions you are using so we can better troubleshoot the issue?

If you click on the link below, it will tell the browser version you are using.

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org

Just let us know what it says and then we can continue troubleshooting. Google Chrome and other browsers are consistently tightening down their control of plugins like Flash due to security concerns.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#7 Posted : 11/23/2018 10:56:47 PM(EST)
babsbag

United States

I am using Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit) on Windows 7 and Maestro tells me that I can't use fonts that I previously used to create my labels. I checked the plugins and Flash is enabled. I pass the compatibility test that you offer, it says that Flash is enabled. This just started a few weeks ago.

Help.
#8 Posted : 11/24/2018 7:49:48 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: babsbag Go to Quoted Post
I am using Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit) on Windows 7 and Maestro tells me that I can't use fonts that I previously used to create my labels. I checked the plugins and Flash is enabled. I pass the compatibility test that you offer, it says that Flash is enabled. This just started a few weeks ago.

Help.

A lot of browsers are making it more and more difficult to enable Flash player. When you are in Maestro Label Designer and you go to the font drop-down menu in the text area and click on it, do you see a message that says "Looking for more fonts?" along with a font list or do you just see a font list?

Also, can you confirm you using the same computer that you used to originally design the labels? I am asking because I want to confirm the fonts that Maestro Label Designer is looking for are still installed on your machine.

Let me know and we can continue troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#9 Posted : 11/24/2018 12:31:09 PM(EST)
babsbag

United States

The fonts are installed and they are available in Word and Publisher and IE 11. Your browser compatibility tool tells me that I am ok, but obviously that isn't the case. I am a pretty good troubleshooter (IT engineer) so I did one more step in the settings for Flash and told it to "never ask" when activating and I now have some of my fonts back in the list. However, the fonts are not correct. They may be in the list but they are not displaying correctly. One that I am using is called Oliveoil. When I open a label with the font it now changes it to what it thinks in Oliveoil but it isn't. If I type out a sentence in Oliveoil in Word and copy and paste it into Maestro it displays correctly on the label but is hieroglyphics in the box on the left where I pasted it. Very Weird. Another font that I use Cool Dots, shows the same behavior, and New Cicle doesn't show up in the list but it also doesn't report that it is missing, which is what it was doing.

Please don't make my use IE.. :)

Barbara
#10 Posted : 11/26/2018 2:47:13 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
babsbag -

I forwarded your comments and the names of the fonts you're using to the Maestro Label Designer development team. They were able to locate copies of both fonts for testing. Ultimately, there are issues with how these custom fonts are mapped that result in varying performance from browser to browser. Microsoft products tend to handle these issues better when compared directly to Chrome and Firefox, which is the reason you may see better performance using Internet Explorer than the other browsers.

Unfortunately, if you want to continue using both fonts you will probably need to run Maestro Label Designer through IE. If you have some flexibility in terms of which fonts to use moving forward you should have success with most of the more popular font styles when running Maestro in Firefox, but you may run into similar issues with other customized or highly stylized font types. Maestro Label Designer features a variety of built-in fonts that will function consistently across any internet browser as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you need any further information please just let us know. We'll do whatever we can to assist.
#11 Posted : 1/31/2019 11:39:37 PM(EST)
indu

I have the same issue with safari can you help me?
#12 Posted : 2/1/2019 8:04:40 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: indu Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue with safari can you help me?

Can you provide details about the problems you are experiencing? Are you receiving an error message stating that Adobe Flash isn't enabled? Does the issue affect all of your fonts or only specific fonts? If only specific fonts are affected, can you provide their names? If you can provide some additional details we'll be happy to investigate the issue further.
#13 Posted : 3/19/2019 4:00:29 PM(EST)
10097brc

United States

I am having the same issue. I use Firefox, using the same computer to design labels, pass all tests on compatibility screen and I see a list of fonts and the "Looking for more fonts?". Fonts that I used for some of my labels are not found and I have tried everything to get them back. Is there any fix for this issue? And I am getting the message that Adobe Flash is not installed. It is though.

I am able to use Chrome to edit my labels, but this throws off the alignment with my printer, so basically I have to re-do everything if I can't get Firefox to work. This is very unfortunate.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:28:45 PM(EST)  | Reason: give update

#14 Posted : 3/19/2019 5:38:41 PM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It sounds like the flash player is installed, however you will still need to allow Adobe Flash on our specific site. Once you have launched Maestro Label Designer, the steps to do so can be found here on Firefox's support page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/why-do-i-have-click-activate-plugins

This should resolve the issue you're having where you are seeing the "Looking for more fonts?" message in Firefox even after confirming Flash is installed.
#15 Posted : 3/19/2019 5:43:24 PM(EST)
10097brc

United States

Originally Posted by: Brandon Morel Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like the flash player is installed, however you will still need to allow Adobe Flash on our specific site. Once you have launched Maestro Label Designer, the steps to do so can be found here on Firefox's support page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/why-do-i-have-click-activate-plugins

This should resolve the issue you're having where you are seeing the "Looking for more fonts?" message in Firefox even after confirming Flash is installed.

Wow, I have been reading all day and never found that solution. Thank you very much. That totally worked!
#16 Posted : 6/21/2019 9:50:57 PM(EST)
aroma

United States

I cannot get any of the fonts I have installed on my computer to work with the Maestro program. I have tried different browsers: Safari and Chrome. Adobe Flash player is enabled and when I run the check, it says everything is fine.

I have read the other posts on the forum and I still cannot get my font.

Please help
#17 Posted : 6/22/2019 7:52:00 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: aroma Go to Quoted Post
I cannot get any of the fonts I have installed on my computer to work with the Maestro program. I have tried different browsers: Safari and Chrome. Adobe Flash player is enabled and when I run the check, it says everything is fine.

I have read the other posts on the forum and I still cannot get my font.

Please help

In order to troubleshoot the issue, we will need to get some additional details. Can you provide the specific version of Safari or Chrome that you are using? You can look up the specific browser version you are using by clicking on the link below.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com

Let us know the specific browser version and we can then ask some additional questions to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#18 Posted : 10/7/2020 10:55:57 AM(EST)
epearlman

United States

We recently changed the way Maestro Label Designer accesses personal fonts stored on your computer. Support for the previous method (Adobe Flash) is being discontinued on December 14th. Moving forward, we recommend you use a compatible web browser with our free Maestro Label Designer Font Finder extension in order to access your computer fonts.

There's a quick and easy extension installation process to complete, then fonts currently installed on your computer will appear below the preset fonts in the "Font Family" dropdown.

Erin Pearlman, PR Coordinator
#19 Posted : 10/7/2020 11:10:07 AM(EST)
10097brc

United States

Well great. So if I use Firefox I am out of luck? Ugh! I don't understand why you would do this. Having to use a different browser now means all of my labels will probably be remade! Right before Christmas to boot. Great job.
#20 Posted : 10/7/2020 1:24:29 PM(EST)
epearlman

United States

10097brc,

We completely understand your frustrations and are doing our best to ensure compatibility with changes in browser technologies. Unfortunately, due to limitations in how the Firefox browser allows installed system fonts to be loaded, we’re unable to offer this feature in their browser at this time.

The good news is that Adobe Flash will still work to access your personal font library until January 1, 2021. That means your label designs will remain intact through the holidays, there’s no need to recreate them. In addition, we’ve worked hard to ensure any personal fonts in your designs will be unaffected, even if you don’t switch browsers — the words themselves just may become uneditable. If you need to update that text in the future, the Maestro Label Designer Font Finder extension will be available in the browsers previously listed.

We hope this quells some of your concerns. Our customer service team is available to help if you have more questions or need personalized support down the road.

Erin Pearlman, PR Coordinator
2 Pages12»