Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/28/2018 1:30:33 PM(EST)
fleshtwister

United States

My last order of Gold Foil (which I've been using for years) suddenly has 2 HUGE problems.

1) The ink coverage is HORRID! I used to be able to print on my HP inkjet in normal setting and paper type set to transparency. Now I have to have it set to photo paper and have it set to High Resolution Photo to get any kind of coverage. The prints still do not look as good as they used to but it is passable. It just takes what seems like forever to print labels now.

2) The new backing is slippery, almost like the side that faces the adhesive, and my inkjet printer has trouble pulling it through the printer. I've actually lost several sheets because of them jamming in the printer because they won't move. Several sheets have printed only partial because the printer pulls it but it can't pull it enough before it starts printing.

What the heck is going on? The sheets also curl really badly. Why would you make such huge production changes without thoroughly testing?
#2 Posted : 2/28/2018 3:07:29 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that you're having. Late last year we were informed by our raw material supplier that they would be discontinuing the coated gold and silver foil facestocks that we had used to produce our inkjet foils for the past five years. We were incredibly disappointed to find out about the discontinuation and placed in a position where we had to find replacement materials for these products as quickly as possible.

Over a six week period we brought in variety of different potential replacement facestocks for the inkjet foil materials. The materials were tested extensively - print tested across a wide range of inkjet printers and application tested across many different containers and surface types. After comparing the test results against one another we determined that none of the available options were ideal, but we chose to proceed with the best performing material due to the time constraints caused by the sudden discontinuation of the previous products.

Through our extensive testing we did find that good print quality was achievable using the optimal print settings with most inkjet printers, but we do understand that the performance typically doesn’t match up with the previous facestock that was discontinued. The difference in performance has been conveyed to the new supplier and they’re actively working to improve the product. I’m confident that we’ll be able approach the level of performance of the previous stock eventually. Unfortunately, I don't have a firm time frame at this point, but it's something that we're actively working towards. I've already forwarded your feedback to them for review.

We totally understand that any change to a product can be a major inconvenience. If you decide you’re unable to continue using the material due to this change we are happy to take the product back for a refund. You can initiate a product return by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

I apologize again for the issues, and we truly appreciate your candid feedback. We will continue to work to improve the products however we can.
#3 Posted : 3/19/2018 1:28:07 AM(EST)
fleshtwister

United States

Thanks! I am able to use it for the most part, I'm just having a lot of error sheets that I have to throw away.

I really hope you can get it fixed soon!

Thanks