Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/1/2019 8:53:36 PM(EST)
samdavisok

United States

UPDATE

I bought the HP Envy 5055 and it worked like a dream.

For some reason the natural margins are smaller than on the Canon Pixma Pro100 so printing without borderless selected straight from the browser window works fine and prints the edges of the labels. When selecting borderless the same issue below occurs so it must have something to do with Mac's printing software.

After being on the phone with Canon and OnlineLabels.com for hours this week, I think I have pinpointed the issues but now I feel as though there is nothing I can do. Has anyone else had these issues or can think of a solution? I have tried just about everything.

Issues
OL875 address labels

A. Printing Regular (With Border)
-the non-printable margins on the left and right side are cutting off the edges of the labels. (but everything else is perfect and aligned)

B. Printing Borderless
-fixes the non-printable margins
BUT
-scales the image (I assume) no matter what settings I play with and un-aligns the labels in a non uniform way.
-middle labels are good, top and bottom labels are stretched to the vertical edges of the paper.

PHOTOS
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aMvLz7T8HJ7gfJJv5

My Computer and Printer
-Mac (up to date software)
-Canon Pixma Pro-100

My Methods (Softwares)
-From browser (Chrome & Safari)
-From pdf
-From Adobe Acrobat Reader
-From Microsoft Word (downloadable template and custom template)

Printing Settings
A) (Regular) (With Border)
-Paper size: US Letter
-Margins: 0
-Scale: actual size, 100%, fit (all result in same)
-Paper: plain paper, photo paper (all result in same)

B) (Borderless)
-Paper size: US Letter Borderless
-Margins: 0
-Scale: actual size, 100%, fit (all result in same)
-Paper: plain paper, photo paper (all result in same)

Solution/Questions
At this point, I can't think of any other reason my issues are occurring other than the printer I am using. Not the settings or whatever.
I think I just want to buy a printer specifically for printing these labels
-OL875
-OL125
-OL2683

Is anyone else
-using the Canon Pixma pro-100?
-having these issues?
-suggest a printer that works well with printing labels?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:03:09 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 7/2/2019 10:44:49 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I'm very happy to hear that you were able to find a printer that resolved your issues. We've had a lot of success with various HP printer models over the years. I'm sure this one will work very well for your specific application.

In my experience, the issue you've described with the borderless printing function occurs regardless of whether you're printing with a Mac or a PC. I've tested the borderless printing function using a few different printers with a PC, and it seems that when using this feature the scaling is modified in a way that affects alignment.

Rather than attempting to use the borderless option, it's better to either find a printer model that allows for smaller non-printable margins or to use label configurations that have larger left and right margins. I'm glad you were able to find a printer model with non-printable margins that suit the label configurations you're using!