Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/13/2022 11:08:31 AM(EST)
chrisscentialsLLC

United States

I'm having issues with printing labels with the weatherproof polyester laserjet labels. I have a HP envy 5052 printer, and i've adjusted my property options to what was available, to try and see if any other options would print the labels without smearing. Nothing works, and my labels come out extremely wet still, I even let them sit for 5 hours to dry, and when I came back to them, everything was so badly smeared from the ink just moving, that nothing was legible on the labels at all, and still wet to touch. Is there a fix for this, or are these labels just not gonna work out for me? It's pretty disappointing as i've wasted quite a few sheets now trying to change my options on the printer and print test runs hoping for success. Options I've tried to print on as the Paper Type so far include:
HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper
HP Matte Presentation Paper

I've also adjusted the printer settings to best quality for printing, which didn't change anything unfortunately.
#2 Posted : 2/14/2022 1:02:26 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisscentialsLLC Go to Quoted Post
I'm having issues with printing labels with the weatherproof polyester laserjet labels. I have a HP envy 5052 printer, and i've adjusted my property options to what was available, to try and see if any other options would print the labels without smearing. Nothing works, and my labels come out extremely wet still, I even let them sit for 5 hours to dry, and when I came back to them, everything was so badly smeared from the ink just moving, that nothing was legible on the labels at all, and still wet to touch. Is there a fix for this, or are these labels just not gonna work out for me? It's pretty disappointing as i've wasted quite a few sheets now trying to change my options on the printer and print test runs hoping for success. Options I've tried to print on as the Paper Type so far include:
HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper
HP Matte Presentation Paper

I've also adjusted the printer settings to best quality for printing, which didn't change anything unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. I was able to locate your account and confirm that you did purchase the weatherproof polyester material for laser printers. The HP Envy 5052 is an inkjet printer model, which is the reason you're experiencing the smearing ink issue. The weatherproof polyester material is only compatible with toner-based laser printers. We do have two weatherproof options available that are compatible with inkjet printers. You can view more information on both of these materials at the links below:

Weatherproof Matte Inkjet
Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet

You can initiate a product return by visiting the link below, and then place a new order for one of the inkjet compatible weatherproof materials.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/support/returns

If you'd prefer speaking with one of our customer service team members to assist you with the return and with placing a new order for the correct material, you can reach them directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235. You can also submit a support ticket by clicking the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.