Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/10/2014 9:55:38 AM(EST)
mrbeto

United States

You require me to BUY online printing software to use your product?!?!?!? Have you checked Avery.com??

I will NEVER purchase a product from you again and will tell everyone I know never to purchase either. I will get on every blog and forum I can think of and share my thoughts. You obviously do not aspire to pass Avery with your nickel and dime fees and you certainly never will.
#2 Posted : 12/10/2014 1:25:51 PM(EST)
Sherry

You do not have to buy any software. You might want to recheck!
#3 Posted : 12/10/2014 1:49:32 PM(EST)
mrbeto

United States

Purchase of labels comes with complimentary use of maestro cloud printing software for a finite time. I'm using their waterproof labels. Buy more labels, get more time. Once that finite time elapses you must PAY MORE MONEY for additional time.

Try this link and see if you can print without them adding their own watermark:

http://www.onlinelabels....abel-design-software.htm
#4 Posted : 12/10/2014 2:40:32 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Mrbeto - We base the Maestro Label Designer activations length on how long we expect the labels that you have purchased to last. In some cases, customers require longer to complete a project than what the code will last. In these situations, we are happy to extend activation if the customer lets us know that a project will take longer than the length of activation that was provided.

When creating Maestro Label Designer, we decided to create activation codes so that there was added value for customers to use us as opposed to buying from the office supply store or another supplier (and then using our software). We feel there is enormous value in Maestro Label Designer and its included tools. There is a lot of different business models out there for how companies provide their software products. We feel this works well for us and a vast majority of our customers. Honestly, our goal is not to make money on our software. Our goal is to sell the labels.

In regards to the watermark that appears when activation runs out - it is very small and usually only impacts the top 0.5" - 1" of the page. In addition, customers have the ability to generate the PDF without the watermark while Maestro Label Designer is activated and then save that PDF file to their local computer. In other words, once a label is designed it is not necessary to even go back to Maestro Label Designer unless a user wants to edit an existing label.

I checked your account and see that you purchased an activation code when your 6 month code ran out. I have gone ahead and extended that activation to 1/10/2016. I will also credit you (on your credit card) for the activation code that you purchased today.

I hope this helps. We appreciate your business. I think you will find that our pricing and selection is significantly better than the big brand name who you claim gives you software forever. In fact, I think you will find that you could afford to buy activation several times over (even though you don't have to!) and you would still see big savings compared to office supply store pricing & options.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#5 Posted : 3/10/2015 1:37:37 PM(EST)
dbadgley

United States

I'm pretty sure you get the software with the purchase.... I've not had to pay for use... I love it, and Avery.
#6 Posted : 3/10/2015 4:06:12 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dbadgley Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty sure you get the software with the purchase.... I've not had to pay for use... I love it, and Avery.

Thanks for commenting! That's correct - any purchase with OnlineLabels.com will come with a free activation code for Maestro Label Designer. Most of our customers accrue enough activation codes that they never have to worry about their activation expiring, but as Dave mentioned in his previous comment, if you ever reach a point where a project is going to take longer than the length of your activation code, please just let us know and we'll be happy to extend it for you.

Thank you so much for your business!
#7 Posted : 3/10/2015 5:45:16 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
For anybody who hasn't purchased labels from OnlineLabels.com and wants to buy activation for Maestro Label Designer, you can purchase an activation code at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels....gn-software-pricing.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com