Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/23/2014 8:56:00 AM(EST)
Parisian Chick

Should I adjust every label in the layout or is there another fix?
#2 Posted : 5/24/2014 7:53:03 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Can you provide more specific details on the issue you are experiencing? In what way are the labels off (top, bottom, left, right)? Is every label on the sheet off in the same way?

Let us know the specific issue that you are experiencing and we can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Under Page Setup in Maestro Label Designer, there is an alignment tool. The Page Setup button can be found in the header area next to the Print button. In most cases, you can use the alignment tool to help correct issues with alignment. Before we do that though, I would like to get a more detailed understanding of the way in which the labels are not aligning.

Thanks.

Dave
#3 Posted : 8/5/2014 12:37:55 PM(EST)
efhunter

United States

I don't know about that guy, but I came here with a similar problem. Mine aren't all printing too high or two far right etc. The labels I am using are the OL160 with three columns of labels. The left side and right side are both closer to the middle than they should be, leaving gaps on the outside edges. And the vertical alignment on each row is different, some rows are too high and others too low. The design just seems to be tossed at the labels randomly.
#4 Posted : 8/5/2014 1:59:55 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Based on the way in which your printing is off, I believe it is a page scaling issue.

What software are you using to view / print the PDF? It is critical that you open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Can you confirm you are using Adobe Acrobat to view the PDF file?

In addition to using Adobe Acrobat Reader, your Page Scaling options in Adobe Acrobat Reader need to set correctly. Under Size Options in Adobe Reader you need to make sure that you are printing at "Actual Size" when you press Print and your print dialog box appears.

See attached image.

dcarmany attached the following image(s):
adobe_reader.PNG (94kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#5 Posted : 8/5/2014 11:18:39 PM(EST)
efhunter

United States

I was using your maestro software and trying to print the resulting files. It opens in Adobe Reader and I checked the settings. It was actual size and scaling was off.
#6 Posted : 8/6/2014 8:55:06 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I went into Maestro Label Designer and reviewed your most recently saved designs. The first thing that I noticed is that you have no bleed over the edge of the label. Everywhere that you have color or images touching the edges of the label, you should extend that image slightly over the edge. Here is an article on bleed at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/AlignmentGuide/Printer-Bleed.aspx

There is always some slight movement when the sheets feed through the printer, you need to add at least 1/8 inch bleed over the edge.

Based on your feedback though, I still think that it may be that you are not using Adobe Reader to view / print the PDF. If the page was not scaling down all the labels would be off in the same way rather than some being too high and other being too low. What browser are you using?

Thanks.

Dave
#7 Posted : 6/3/2015 12:52:12 PM(EST)
macgeekbrian

This resolved my problem, too! Thanks for posting it!

Brian
#8 Posted : 8/8/2015 6:01:38 PM(EST)
all4babylove

United States

Hi, I just started to work with a new template myself (for cigar labels) and I'm experiencing the same problems..everything is off alignment and off center/to the left/to the right. I just read all the posts and will have to try to work it out. I'm new to Maestro and I am teaching myself. I was using my own design software for many years but was always using Online Labels for my labels.. but I would like to start using Maestro, so I am not positive if I am doing it all correctly. I'm not used to it so I may be naive. Not sure if I have reset the sizing/margins to my computer and printer. I sort of just assumed since i was using Maestro and lables from Online Labels that it was all set up to fit. Thank you.
#9 Posted : 8/9/2015 9:31:04 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: all4babylove Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I just started to work with a new template myself (for cigar labels) and I'm experiencing the same problems..everything is off alignment and off center/to the left/to the right. I just read all the posts and will have to try to work it out. I'm new to Maestro and I am teaching myself. I was using my own design software for many years but was always using Online Labels for my labels.. but I would like to start using Maestro, so I am not positive if I am doing it all correctly. I'm not used to it so I may be naive. Not sure if I have reset the sizing/margins to my computer and printer. I sort of just assumed since i was using Maestro and lables from Online Labels that it was all set up to fit. Thank you.

all4babylove - I am sure we can help troubleshoot your issue.

Are all the labels on the sheet off in the same way? If so, what direction and by how much? If they are all off in the same way we can make an adjustment in the Page Set up in Maestro Label Designer to correct for the issue.

If they are not off in the same way then it may be a page scaling issue. Are you using Adobe Reader to view/print the PDF document? Can you confirm your Page Scaling is set to None?

Let me know the above questions and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#10 Posted : 9/7/2023 7:07:09 PM(EST)
Kenny S

Hello, I am having an issue with printing labels. They are all shrinking towards the center such that the bottom right label is close to the top left corner of it's label and the top left label is positioned in the bottom right corner of it's label. The center column is okay, but the right and left columns are all printed closer to the center of the page than they are to the center of their labels. I have read the other forums and know guidance says to use Adobe Acrobat Reader - I have downloaded this app, set it as my default PDF reader, and am using this when printing. I am also reviewing the scaling settings when printing and am printing using both Actual Size and Custom Scale: 100% and having the same issue in both instances. Are there any other recommendations for how to fix this? Is there any additional info I can provide?
#11 Posted : 9/8/2023 8:16:22 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Kenny, I'm sorry to hear that you're facing alignment issues. Based on the information you provided, it seems that the PDF is being resized. To avoid this problem, please ensure that you have set the document size to U.S. Letter 8.5" x 11" in addition to selecting "Actual Size/Scale 100%." However, if the labels are still not aligned correctly, it could be due to a disconnect between your printer driver and software. In this case, try reinstalling your printer driver and see if this helps resolve the issue.

If you're still experiencing difficulties with the scaling issue after following these steps, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm here to help you troubleshoot until we find a solution.
 1 user thanked Jessica R. for this useful post: Kenny S