Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 4/25/2015 6:02:54 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: $teve Go to Quoted Post
When will I be able to access the fonts from my computer? Your upgrade really has caused a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE !! This is time that I CANNOT replace. FIX the F'n program now so that you HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS. As an old saying goes: "If you don't help your customers SOMEONE ELSE will"

$teve - Can you provide more specific details on the font issue that you are experiencing? The new version should still be accessing the fonts on your system. Is there a specific font that is not loading for you? Can you also let us know details on your browser version and operating system.

The legacy version of Maestro Label Designer is still available. You can use it at the link below. Our plan is to have the legacy version running for the next few months (we don't have a definitive time for its shutdown yet since our plan is to make sure that we resolve as many issues as possible in the new version).

http://maestro.onlinelab...gner/maestro-legacy.aspx

Thanks for your patience. We are definitely happy to work with you until we find resolution to all the issues that you are experiencing.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#22 Posted : 4/26/2015 9:07:46 AM(EST)
$teve

I cannot access any of the fonts from my computer. Is that specific enough? I'm using the latest her. of Mozilla and win. 8.1 The legacy version does not work either. Another waste of time.
#23 Posted : 4/26/2015 10:03:28 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I cannot access any of the fonts from my computer. Is that specific enough? I'm using the latest her. of Mozilla and win. 8.1 The legacy version does not work either. Another waste of time.

$teve - Can you confirm that you have Adobe Flash Player installed on your system? Can you run the test at the link below and let me know the response to #1 on the checklist?

http://maestro.onlinelab...uirements-checklist.aspx

If it shows an X, you can download/install Adobe Flash Player at the link below.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

The new version of Maestro Label Designer doesn't require Adobe Flash Player to work, but it does require it to access the fonts on your system. In the event that you don't have Flash Player (or can't install it), the good news is that the new version of Maestro Label Designer has a quite a few open source fonts that are pre-loaded and do not require you to have Adobe Flash Player. If the font has an Online Labels logo to the left of the font name in the font drop-down then it is a pre-loaded font (open source).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. I am happy to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#24 Posted : 4/26/2015 11:19:20 AM(EST)
jkraftwerks

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
With the new version I am also not able to access the fonts loaded onto my Macbook Pro. I brought up the old version of Maestro and it works fine and all the fonts are there. So it has to be something with the upgrade.

I have used Maestro for many years and have created hundreds of labels. Now, every time I bring a label up to print I have to realign it. I have spent countless hours over the years designing my business labels and I honestly don't have the time to work on every single label over again.

Several of my labels come up with nothing but black. When I go to print preview I can see it, but cannot determine if it needs to be realigned because I am unable to see it in the design screen. The labels it is affecting are those that were created as a .jpg and simply loaded into the template as one image.

PLEASE don't get rid of the original version of Maestro until all of these issues are fixed. I, for one, will not be using the new version until all these issues are resolved. Time is money.

I love your product, but the upgrade is going to set me back terribly.
 1 user thanked jkraftwerks for this useful post: thepetitepackage
#25 Posted : 4/26/2015 10:36:21 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: jkraftwerks Go to Quoted Post
With the new version I am also not able to access the fonts loaded onto my Macbook Pro. I brought up the old version of Maestro and it works fine and all the fonts are there. So it has to be something with the upgrade.

I have used Maestro for many years and have created hundreds of labels. Now, every time I bring a label up to print I have to realign it. I have spent countless hours over the years designing my business labels and I honestly don't have the time to work on every single label over again.

Several of my labels come up with nothing but black. When I go to print preview I can see it, but cannot determine if it needs to be realigned because I am unable to see it in the design screen. The labels it is affecting are those that were created as a .jpg and simply loaded into the template as one image.

PLEASE don't get rid of the original version of Maestro until all of these issues are fixed. I, for one, will not be using the new version until all these issues are resolved. Time is money.

I love your product, but the upgrade is going to set me back terribly.

jkraftwerks - I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing. We will need to further research these issues to find solutions. Can you submit a support ticket to us at the link below? Please let us know all the specific issues that you are experiencing. Can you include the name of one of the designs in which you are getting the black image when you open it? Can you also let us know your browser version and operating system?

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

Once you submit your information at the link above, I can forward it to our development team so we can trouble shoot your specific issues.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#26 Posted : 4/27/2015 5:06:43 PM(EST)
$teve

I'm using windows 8.1 and Mozilla Firefox 37.0.2 . I'm up to date on both Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader and still NO FONTS !!!!
#27 Posted : 4/27/2015 6:35:02 PM(EST)
S&N

United States

Does this happen often? It is very time consuming for me to have to adjust every single thing in every single label that I have designed, just because you updated your system. If this is something that I'm going to have to constantly deal with I need to know so I can look for another place to design and save my labels.
 1 user thanked S&N for this useful post: thepetitepackage
#28 Posted : 4/27/2015 11:04:24 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I'm using windows 8.1 and Mozilla Firefox 37.0.2 . I'm up to date on both Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader and still NO FONTS !!!!

$teve - Thanks for the feedback. It is going to be best to trouble shoot this over the phone so we can try a variety of different solutions more quickly. I have sent you a request via our support ticket system to set up a time to speak with you on the phone. As I mentioned in the support ticket, I don't think this is related to new version of Maestro Label Designer due to the fact that you are experiencing the same issue on both the legacy version and the new version.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#29 Posted : 4/27/2015 11:26:57 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: S&N Go to Quoted Post
Does this happen often? It is very time consuming for me to have to adjust every single thing in every single label that I have designed, just because you updated your system. If this is something that I'm going to have to constantly deal with I need to know so I can look for another place to design and save my labels.

I apologize for the issue. During Maestro Label Designer's 8 year history, we have never made any changes that have had the type of impact this change has had. In this case, the issue is caused by the fact that we had to completely change the platform on which Maestro Label Designer is built. We felt this move away from Adobe Flash Player was necessary due to the fact that the browser makers (Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Apple) may not fully support Adobe Flash Player in the future. We are confident that the new platform which is browser dependent rather than dependent on Adobe Flash Player will allow us to add more advanced features in the future. At this time, we don't expect any platform changes in the future that will have the type of impact to designs / layouts that this change has had.

We tried our best to minimize the impact of the platform change. Unfortunately, the side effects due to this update are caused by the platform change and our development team has done everything within their power to try to minimize the variances when opening legacy files in the updated version.

You may want to consider using the legacy version of Maestro Label Designer at the link below. It will be available for the next few months. You can use the legacy version to generate PDF files of your labels. If you save the PDF files to your computer, you can print from the PDF files without having to access Maestro Label Designer to print the designs in the future.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your understanding.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#30 Posted : 4/30/2015 9:01:10 PM(EST)
jcassidy

Canada

Why did you have to change the fonts? Now all my labels need to be changed.

That is a lot of work and time. Not very happy at all. OMG
#31 Posted : 5/1/2015 6:18:59 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: jcassidy Go to Quoted Post
Why did you have to change the fonts? Now all my labels need to be changed.

That is a lot of work and time. Not very happy at all. OMG

Jcassidy - I apologize for the issue. As I have mentioned in some of my previous responses on this post, the text changes are related to the platform change that we made (switching from Adobe Flash based technology to browser based technology). We would have preferred to make the text match perfectly between our legacy version and our new version, but there was no way for this to work and we felt it was absolutely necessary to remove the Adobe Flash requirement for Maestro Label Designer since many browsers will eventually stop supporting Adobe Flash in the future.

The legacy version of Maestro Label Designer is available at the link below. This legacy version will be available for the next few months and this will allow you to open / view your designs (using the Adobe Flash based Maestro Label Designer).

You may want to consider opening your designs in the legacy version and then saving the PDF files for each of your designs to your local system. You can then just print your designs using the PDF files and you won't need to access Maestro Label Designer to print your files that you have already designed.

I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#32 Posted : 5/1/2015 8:41:52 AM(EST)
jcassidy

Canada

Can you recommend a font that would be very close to Iowan Old Style Black Italic?

I have a lot more labels to make and would like to have something very close.

Thanks for your response.
#33 Posted : 5/2/2015 8:38:21 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: jcassidy Go to Quoted Post
Can you recommend a font that would be very close to Iowan Old Style Black Italic?

I have a lot more labels to make and would like to have something very close.

Thanks for your response.

Our system uses the fonts from your system so whatever is installed on your machine should display in Maestro Label Designer. I asked one of our developers why your machine wouldn't recognize an installed font and he believes it it is related to the fact that you are using Google Chrome browser on a Mac. We are having some issues with Maestro Label Designer recognizing certain fonts in Chrome. Can you confirm that you on a Mac using Google Chrome as your browser?

If you are using Google Chrome on a Mac he recommended that you try using Safari or Firefox as your browser to see if you are able to get access to the Iowan Old Style Black Italic font. We are continuing to improve performance of certain fonts in Maestro Label Designer. Unfortunately, the browsers are not consistent on how they handle fonts and the display of those fonts. We are able to make some system changes on our end to improve performance on specific fonts when our users lets us know about the issue. As we get user feedback on fonts that aren't displaying correctly, we are able to make modifications on our end to improve the display & recognition of certain fonts. Unfortunately, there are 1000s of font faces out there and we can't always resolve the issue (depends on the font name).

We are happy to offer more help once you can confirm your browser and operating system.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#34 Posted : 5/2/2015 9:37:36 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

We have done some more research into the issue and we think it may be related to type of browser privacy setting. Can you answer the following questions?

1) Visit http://browserspy.dk/fonts-flash.php. What does it list for the number of fonts installed?

2) Go to Options in FireFox, then Privacy. What is selected for history (e.g. Firefox will: "Remember history)?

Let us know so we can continue troubleshooting the issue. Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#35 Posted : 8/16/2016 3:26:23 PM(EST)
ritaestremera96@gmail.com

United States

I see there is a new update, how can i get it?
#36 Posted : 8/16/2016 4:22:04 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: ritaestremera96@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
I see there is a new update, how can i get it?

Maestro Label Designer is a web-based application. Assuming you launched Maestro Label Designer from the page at the link below then you are already using the newest version.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

We are planning to launch a new updated interface for Maestro Label Designer sometime in the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2017. Besides that, we are just making minor updates and bug fixes to the current version.

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#37 Posted : 3/5/2017 1:25:20 PM(EST)
Mark22

United States

I am having an extremely difficult time getting my labels to line up inside the label boxes when I print. I am blowing through ink like crazy. I have to manually enter a setting alignment now which is very frustrating when you have many labels. Not sure what the purpose of this new platform was, but Its frustrating.
#38 Posted : 3/5/2017 3:58:18 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Mark22 Go to Quoted Post
I am having an extremely difficult time getting my labels to line up inside the label boxes when I print. I am blowing through ink like crazy. I have to manually enter a setting alignment now which is very frustrating when you have many labels. Not sure what the purpose of this new platform was, but Its frustrating.

Mark22 - Sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue formatting your labels.

This forum topic is an older topic. The change in the Maestro Label Designer platform happened back in 2015 so I don't think the issue you are experiencing is related to a change in the Maestro Label Designer platform.

Our support team should be able troubleshoot / resolve the issue that you are experiencing. We will need to get some details in order to resolve the issue. Can you submit a ticket at the link below with specific details on the Maestro Label Designer design filename and details on how it is off?

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

You may also want to check out our alignment guide at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide.htm

Thanks. I hope this information is helpful.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

2 Pages«12