Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/25/2023 6:53:44 PM(EST)
_inthekeyofc_

United States

I've tried uploading my labels as .ai, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, and .pdf and each upload in Maestro comes up blurry. I'm on the verge of giving up. Can anyone please help!
#2 Posted : 2/26/2023 8:40:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Uploaded images in Maestro Label Designer may appear grainy or pixelated while on-screen. This is due to image optimization that we do to enhance the performance of Maestro Label Designer. This should not have any effect on print quality as long as the image uploaded is high-resolution. As always, we recommend the use of high-resolution images to get the best print quality.

Try printing and let us know if you have any concerns with the image quality.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 9/25/2023 1:34:37 PM(EST)
Inspo corner

I am having the same issue. I download high resolution images from Canva and have tried all the same outputs - png, pdf, etc. and when they are uploaded to Maestro they're blurry and they print low resolution. I have a high quality laser printer meant for printing photos and artwork and when I print directly from Canva, the images are high resolution, so it's something that's happening within the Maestro platform. Can you please advise? Thanks.
#4 Posted : 9/25/2023 1:54:48 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Inspo corner - I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue as well. I've included a link below, detailing how to optimize your artwork in Canva for printing. In regard to the resolution, we recommend that the design size is set up with the same label dimensions at a resolution of 300 dpi or higher. If you have full coverage print or borders along the edges, make sure you add 0.125" (1/8") on each side of the label, increasing the width and height of the custom design size by 0.25" (1/4"). Once you have the recommended size and resolution settings, save as "PDF Print" rather than "PDF Standard." This will ensure it is the highest possible resolution.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/support/faq/313