Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/17/2020 3:48:26 PM(EST)
ssuser09

United States

Hi, I went through many of the forums but can't seem to find an exact answer in regard to a printer. I just called and was told that most customers experience better results with Epson or Canon printers. At the present moment, I'm using glossy paper labels. Which Epson or Canon printer would you recommend? I am willing to make the investment. At the moment I am using an HP Deskjet printer but am experiencing shifting. I know shifting is expected and I have also played around with the settings but settings don't offer many options for the HP printer I use. Please let me know, I hear Canon may be the best...I just don't know which model.
#2 Posted : 9/18/2020 9:37:38 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Canon has been my go-to choice for desktop inkjet printer models for a few years now. I've had a ton of success using our inkjet label materials with their PIXMA series of printers. It can be difficult to recommend very specific models just due to the fact the printer manufacturers tend to release new models very frequently. I've been using the Canon PIXMA TS9120 as my primary inkjet printer for a couple of years now and have always been very pleased with the results. Unfortunately, this specific model seems to be discontinued and not readily available at retail anymore, but I've used various PIXMA models over the years and I believe you should be fine working with one of their newer models. Before making a purchase look around online at customer reviews. That should be a pretty solid indicator of whether there's any major issues or limitations with a printer model.

Regardless of which printer model you wind up going with, just make sure to adjust the print settings to ensure the best possible print results. Most printer models are set as default to print on plain white copy paper. Adjusting the material type setting to a photo or glossy setting should provide excellent print results no matter which material you're printing on.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 11/15/2020 6:07:58 PM(EST)
Sangrecbd

United States

Since the ts9120 is discontinued do you recommend the ts8320 or ts9520?
#4 Posted : 11/16/2020 11:43:25 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sangrecbd Go to Quoted Post
Since the ts9120 is discontinued do you recommend the ts8320 or ts9520?

I haven't had the opportunity to test the Canon PIXMA TS8320 or the Canon PIXMA TS9520, but I've used a wide variety of PIXMA printer models over the years and I've always been pleased by the results when used with our selection of inkjet label materials. Based on the customer reviews at various online retailers and comparing the printer specifications to the PIXMA TS9120 that I've had so much success using, I'd say you should be able to buy either model with confidence.