Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
3 Pages«123»
#21 Posted : 9/20/2018 11:04:23 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leah Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issue with OL143WS. I have tried several different ways of removing borders, all of which show "no border" - and yet the borders print. What was the solution? Is there an Avery equivalent template?

Our product OL143WS is a custom sized item that does not have an Avery equivalent. The only template currently available for this product on our website is a PDF template for use in graphic design programs like Adobe Illustrator. Which program are you currently using to open and edit the PDF template? I know that the outlines on our PDF templates can be manually deleted in Adobe Illustrator, but it's possible that some PDF editing programs may not be able to delete or hide the outlines.

We could potentially generate a template for this item in Microsoft Word if that would be helpful for you. Because Microsoft Word only allows for rectangular grid lines these templates are best suited for designs that feature basic text or very simple graphics. If you'd like for us to generate a Microsoft Word template please just let us know.

We also provide free access to our label design software, Maestro Label Designer, with any order placed. This program will allow for greater flexibility if you need a more advanced design than what Microsoft Word allows for. You can learn more about Maestro Label Designer and access the free trial along with the template for OL143WS by visiting the link below:

https://maestro.onlinela...om/designer/maestro.aspx

I hope this information helps you resolve the issue. If you need any additional details or if you'd like a Microsoft Word template please just let us know.
#22 Posted : 5/21/2019 3:36:24 PM(EST)
Anne-Marie

United States

I am also a Mac user and have not figured out how to remove the template lines so they don't print..... someone please help!
#23 Posted : 5/21/2019 4:30:46 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Anne-Marie Go to Quoted Post
I am also a Mac user and have not figured out how to remove the template lines so they don't print..... someone please help!

The template lines should be invisible when printing, but it's possible that certain versions of Microsoft Word may still display the outlines on printed sheets.

Most versions of Microsoft Word allow you to manually delete the template lines before printing your labels. Once you've finished designing your labels click to the left of the word document, just outside of the page. You should see every label outline highlighted at the same time. One they're highlighted, simply press the delete key on your keyboard. All of your text and artwork should still be present but the outlines will be deleted, allowing you to print your document without the visible outlines. Before attempting this method, please make sure to save your fully designed template just in case you accidentally delete any of your design elements.

Alternatively, I can create a new template for you without the outlines. If you'd like the new template please just let me know which item number you're using and I'll be happy to put it together for you.

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information at this time.
#24 Posted : 6/18/2019 9:14:54 PM(EST)
wordtoword

I may be able to shed some light on this. I downloaded one of the Avery labels on Word for Mac 2011. It worked as advertised - the gridlines were on the screen but did not print. However, when I upgraded Word - to the very latest Mac edition - the gridlines suddenly started printing, with no way to shut them off. If you toggle the "turn gridlines on/off" setting, all that happens is NEW gridlines turn on and off. The ones initially visible don't disappear.

This seems to be occurring across all labels. These labels need to be upgraded basically.
#25 Posted : 6/20/2019 9:11:03 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: wordtoword Go to Quoted Post
I may be able to shed some light on this. I downloaded one of the Avery labels on Word for Mac 2011. It worked as advertised - the gridlines were on the screen but did not print. However, when I upgraded Word - to the very latest Mac edition - the gridlines suddenly started printing, with no way to shut them off. If you toggle the "turn gridlines on/off" setting, all that happens is NEW gridlines turn on and off. The ones initially visible don't disappear.

This seems to be occurring across all labels. These labels need to be upgraded basically.

Thank you for your feedback. I've passed this information along to our marketing and software development teams for evaluation. We'll definitely look into providing better solutions and templates for Mac users that are using our Microsoft Word templates.
#26 Posted : 7/4/2019 1:39:48 AM(EST)
Donna King

Malta

Hi I download template for OL1735FO I am using PDF-Xchange Editor and when I print the outline of the labels show how can I remove the outline of each label?

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:43:42 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : 7/5/2019 10:36:43 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Donna King Go to Quoted Post
Hi I download template for OL1735FO I am using PDF-Xchange Editor and when I print the outline of the labels show how can I remove the outline of each label?

Donna,
I am not familiar with PDF-Xchange Editor. I did a quick look up of that software and it appears to be a program that generates and converts PDF files. I see it does allow editing of text and objects in PDF document, but I am not sure how to remove vector objects like the label outlines and I don't see any specific instructions on their website. I would recommend that you reach out to their PDF-Xchange Editor support and send them a copy of the file to see if they have any recommendations since this is not a software that we are able to support.

Have you checked out our web-based label design software, Maestro Label Designer? Maestro Label Designer outputs a PDF file and the file that it outputs does not have the die outlines. You should be able to use that software to design and print onto our labels. You can check it out at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

Let us know if we can provide any additional help.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: mrthinc
#28 Posted : 11/28/2019 11:50:27 PM(EST)
dr.elliott

Hello,

To remove the annoying borders. Firstly click on a label box. Move cursor to the highlighted yellow box, located top left of label box, right click(two fingers on the pad), scroll down to FORMAT SHAPE, Click on it. You'll see a window on the left pop up. Choose no line. This should take care of the issue!!

Cheers
#29 Posted : 3/14/2020 8:20:05 PM(EST)
YellowBird

United States

I have a way to get rid of the printing borders. The problem seems to be that the template was made using shapes, and most people were trying to reformat them as tables or labels. I only found a way to do it one at a time, but I thought I’d share. I’m using Word 2016.

Click on the border outline of one shape/box. The cursor will change to crossed lines with arrows. Right click. A dropdown menu will appear. At the bottom of that menu is Format Shape. Click on it. On the righthand side of the document, the Format Shape pane will appear. Click on leftmost icon, which shows Fill and Line below it. Click on Line. Select the No Line button. Repeat this process for every shape/box for which you don’t want the border to print.

#30 Posted : 3/16/2020 11:57:02 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: YellowBird Go to Quoted Post
I have a way to get rid of the printing borders. The problem seems to be that the template was made using shapes, and most people were trying to reformat them as tables or labels. I only found a way to do it one at a time, but I thought I’d share. I’m using Word 2016.

Click on the border outline of one shape/box. The cursor will change to crossed lines with arrows. Right click. A dropdown menu will appear. At the bottom of that menu is Format Shape. Click on it. On the righthand side of the document, the Format Shape pane will appear. Click on leftmost icon, which shows Fill and Line below it. Click on Line. Select the No Line button. Repeat this process for every shape/box for which you don’t want the border to print.

Thank you for the helpful suggestion! I'm sure that our users with Microsoft Word 2016 will find this information helpful. I'll speak with our developers about how these templates were generated in hopes that we can make them more accessible in the future. Thanks again for your post!
#31 Posted : 10/6/2020 11:39:40 AM(EST)
dcgraeub

The Word 03 template for OL 1983 WS and OL 475 WS aren't saving correctly. Word asked to save in compatibility mode, but it changes where the boarders are. For the OL475, the first row is fine, but the second row saves lower than it should be. For the OL1983, it is the same when you save, but even before saving to compatibility mode, it changes the alignment. We are planning to use these labels and templates for the majority of printing labels, but it won't work if I can't share a file with the rest of the team to be able to design and print. The Word version is for Office 365 ProPlus. Will you please make compatible templates for this version? Thanks!
#32 Posted : 10/7/2020 12:09:49 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: dcgraeub Go to Quoted Post
The Word 03 template for OL 1983 WS and OL 475 WS aren't saving correctly. Word asked to save in compatibility mode, but it changes where the boarders are. For the OL475, the first row is fine, but the second row saves lower than it should be. For the OL1983, it is the same when you save, but even before saving to compatibility mode, it changes the alignment. We are planning to use these labels and templates for the majority of printing labels, but it won't work if I can't share a file with the rest of the team to be able to design and print. The Word version is for Office 365 ProPlus. Will you please make compatible templates for this version? Thanks!

I've attached new versions of the Word templates for both products to this post. These updated templates remove the visible black border but should improve compatibility across various versions of Microsoft Word. If the templates appear to be completely blank Word documents upon opening them you'll just need to enable the gridlines within the settings.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
File Attachment(s):
OL1983.doc (28kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
OL475.doc (27kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#33 Posted : 10/7/2020 12:27:22 PM(EST)
dcgraeub

Only seeing the grid lines doesn't help. I've not had a problem with the label outlines printing and those will be needed for our technicians to print the labels correctly without push back or frustration. Is there a way to add the label outlines back into this template? Thanks!
#34 Posted : 10/8/2020 12:59:29 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: dcgraeub Go to Quoted Post
Only seeing the grid lines doesn't help. I've not had a problem with the label outlines printing and those will be needed for our technicians to print the labels correctly without push back or frustration. Is there a way to add the label outlines back into this template? Thanks!

I've attached revised versions of these templates. They've been tested in both Word 2010 and Word 2019 and are working correctly. Our technical team has informed me that Office 365 ProPlus provides access to the latest desktop version of Microsoft Word for offline use. Please make sure you're using the desktop version of Word rather than the cloud based version.
File Attachment(s):
ol475landscape.doc (28kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
ol475portrait.doc (28kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
ol1983landscape.doc (28kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
ol1983portrait.doc (28kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#35 Posted : 11/2/2020 10:04:53 AM(EST)
dcgraeub

Thanks so much, Josh! This is perfect. You are correct, it doesn't work with the cloud Office 365, but does on the desktop app. I appreciate your help!
#36 Posted : 3/24/2021 8:51:21 PM(EST)
waterl0u

Canada

Originally Posted by: Josh Go to Quoted Post
It is possible to manually delete the label outlines before printing your labels. Once you've finished designing your labels click to the left of the word document, just outside of the page. You should see every label outline highlighted at the same time. One they're highlighted, simply press the delete key on your keyboard. All of your text and artwork should still be present but the outlines will be deleted, allowing you to print your document without the visible outlines. Before attempting this method, please make sure to save your fully designed template just in case you accidentally delete any of your design elements.

THIS WORKED! Thanks!

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 11:26:57 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : 3/26/2021 11:28:57 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

waterl0u -

I'm so glad to hear that this solution worked out for you. If you need anything else please just let us know!
#38 Posted : 4/2/2021 12:50:44 PM(EST)
Tee

I’m trying to create my label using my logo image but when I try to print it the black border also prints with it no matter what I do in Maestro. Is there a different program I can use so I don’t keep wasting the labels I bought? OL2279
#39 Posted : 4/2/2021 3:46:08 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Tee Go to Quoted Post
I’m trying to create my label using my logo image but when I try to print it the black border also prints with it no matter what I do in Maestro. Is there a different program I can use so I don’t keep wasting the labels I bought? OL2279

Tee -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I tried to recreate it, but I'm not able to get the black outline of the label template to print from Maestro Label Designer. Can you please contact our customer service team for assistance? They'll be able to walk you through the process and make sure that everything is working correctly with your design. You can reach our customer service team directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by sending a support ticket to the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx
#40 Posted : 12/21/2022 10:04:56 AM(EST)
JessZutano

I'm using Word for Mac. I haven't found a way to select all labels at once (select all doesn't work) and I selected everything on the page at the same time and it didn't work, but when I selected 1 row of labels at a time I was able to right click and choose FORMAT OBJECT. Then choose LINE and change it to NO LINE. You can see on the screen that the border is removed and it will not print.
3 Pages«123»